Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking the brains of those with more knowledge than me (which I aint got alot here) -found that the bike leaked fuel while petcock was on Run- but when I turn it to reserve it still works well and isnt dripping anywhere-even when left overnight in that position? is there two tubes from the fuel tank?

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
No - only one fuel line from the petcock to the carbs. Probably the packing (seals) in the petcock are leaking slightly. Some on this site have replaced the stock unit with one made by Pingel.

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
two tubes one fuel line

There is only one fuel line and on the underside of the tank is a "vent" tube. When very full under hard braking sometime gas may escape through the vent tube. Check all connections. You did not mention where it is dripping. Have you worked on the carnal lately?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahhh thanks guys- good start- (not sure where it is leaking as it happenend while I was away- but I suspect petcock tube- thnaks again I have been checking all connections

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.