Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm seriously considering purchasing an '09 Blazing Orange S3. I've been searching this forum for recent threads regarding out-the-door pricing without too much luck.

In the Dallas/Ft Worth area what can I expect to pay for the bike and what are reasonable dealer prep costs. Also, did any of you negotiate significant discounts on accessories at your time of purchase?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't think that there are any discounts on Speed Triples now, there is one on Sprints.

Now is the time of year to buy, you should be able to get a good price. IMO setup fees are a rip off, that would be my first bargaining point.

I've only been to RPM in Dallas and it is a nice shop. A Friend of mine from that area swears by the one in Ft. Worth, can't speak from experience. Must be nice to have two or three shops to choose from though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that there are any discounts on Speed Triples now, there is one on Sprints.

Now is the time of year to buy, you should be able to get a good price. IMO setup fees are a rip off, that would be my first bargaining point.

I've only been to RPM in Dallas and it is a nice shop. A Friend of mine from that area swears by the one in Ft. Worth, can't speak from experience. Must be nice to have two or three shops to choose from though.
Thanks. I'll look up RPM and see what they have. I've been dealing with the FW shop and they've been extremely nice and accomodating. I'd like to give them the business if they're reasonable on pricing although I have no problem going to another shop if they are more competitive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Usually no. More often dealer is making additional profit by signing you up for the loan.
Ditto. Cash is no longer a bargaining chip because of the incentives on the loans.

I got my 09 for the 08 list price back in October.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ditto. Cash is no longer a bargaining chip because of the incentives on the loans.

I got my 09 for the 08 list price back in October.
Are you in the Dallas area? If so, which dealer?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Unfortunately true. My father sent me cash in hand to buy him a new pickup and nobody was dealing. The best I could get was $1K off at Ford on the F150. Nissan and Chevy wouldn't move off sticker price. I called and informed him. He decided to wait for his new truck.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Boy are you guys completely wrong now.

It used to be that way recently. But, the dealer will be willing to deal cash because customers are not getting qualified for loans with this credit crisis. The dealer needs to move inventory to pay overhead. Cash is completely liquid and easy to work the papers.

I don't even want to post how much I got my 08 Speedy for. You would scream. I paid cash 5 months ago and stole it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

It used to be that way recently. But, the dealer will be willing to deal cash because customers are not getting qualified for loans with this credit crisis. The dealer needs to move inventory to pay overhead. Cash is completely liquid and easy to work the papers.

I don't even want to post how much I got my 08 Speedy for. You would scream. I paid cash 5 months ago and stole it.
That's a good point. Yes loans are harder to come by in today's economy. However, when I was paying cash for my S3, the dealer kept trying to sway me to a loan. I did get a decent deal, I thought.

Oh, and I'm in NJ, not near Dallas.

·
Registered
657 Posts

So you have recent dealer experience... 5 months old? And banking crisis started openly... 4 months ago? And the experiences of all other people pale in face of the only right one - yours?
You must be a hoot at the Christmas dinner with all your stories. Just keep the pictures under the table.
And Merry Christmas to you too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like the '08's MSRP was $10,299 and the '09 is $11,299. Wow, that's a pretty big jump in price. Do I have my numbers correct?

One poster mentioned paying '08 MSRP for an '09 plus taxes but no dealer prep. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? If I can get the right deal I'll buy one tomorrow or Saturday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It looks like the '08's MSRP was $10,299 and the '09 is $11,299. Wow, that's a pretty big jump in price. Do I have my numbers correct?

One poster mentioned paying '08 MSRP for an '09 plus taxes but no dealer prep. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? If I can get the right deal I'll buy one tomorrow or Saturday.
there is a dealership trying to unload a bunch of inventory here:

2009 Triumph Speed Triple Black - US $10,154.00

THIS IS A NEW MOTORCYCLE ON OUR SHOWROOM FLOOR! . WE ARE HAVING A YEAR-END SALE ON ALL MODELS!!

**Bike comes with 2 year unlimited mile warranty!**

FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO www.deepsouthcycles.com OR CALL 601-261-9496

hope this helps

j3ff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Might cheaper for you Yanks to buy direct from Britain. A year ago the UK £ was worth $2. Now it's $1.47. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's Done. Just inked the deal on an '09 Blazing Orange S3 from RPM Cycle in Dallas. I'm having the Arrow slip-ons, gel seat, fly screen, seat cowl, belly pan & rear hugger put on it before I pick it up tomorrow.

Deal was pretty good in my opinion, maybe $250 more than I'd hoped but that's pretty insignificant. Also got guaranteed discount on accessories.

Thanks for all the help and insight you guys gave me. I'm looking forward to enjoying the bike.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts