Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear from some of the folks who don’t often post. So, if you’ve been reading this forum for a while (anything between ten minutes and several years is okay) and haven’t chimed in, this thread is for you. I intend this thread purely for those with 100 posts or less. Maybe even 10 posts or less.

So, here are a few questions to get us going. Pick one, pick 3.25, or just tell us something we
a) don’t know,

b) know, but seem to ignore, or

c) would need to know if we were climbing a weeping willow to escape a llama stampede.

Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met because of your motorcycle?

What color is your toothbrush?

What’s the most recent concert you attended?

How long does it take to get from the near end of your favorite twisty road to a store that sells cowboy hats?

What was the last web site you visited before this one?

Have you ever irreparably damaged a television? How?

If you had to lose two randomly selected toes, or never ride again, which would you choose?

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Been "lurking" for three months, since buying an '08 America new in October. Posted maybe five times. Read mainly to learn, and it's been well worth my time.

a) I don't know a lot. Don't have lots of mechanical experience, so I read posts about mods and mostly scratch my head. I'm not ashamed to be ignorant. Just glad to have the resource.

b) Stumped me here.

c) Don't climb the tree. I bet you could stand the llama down.

Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met because of your motorcycle?
No one yet with my current bike. Had a bike 26 years ago, a Honda CB900C. Got the bike because of a college buddy who rode. We took a 3,300-mile trip right after graduating, down inland Washington, Oregon and California and back up the coast. I've lost touch with that good buddy. Great guy, good times. I nominate him for this honor.

What color is your toothbrush?
Blue and white. Yours?

What’s the most recent concert you attended?
Canton (Ohio) Symphony Orchestra.

How long does it take to get from the near end of your favorite twisty road to a store that sells cowboy hats?
I dunno. Will have to get back to you on this one.

What was the last web site you visited before this one?
Might get slapped for this one. (Well, not slapped so much as edited... HiDesert)

Have you ever irreparably damaged a television? How?
Nope.

If you had to lose two randomly selected toes, or never ride again, which would you choose?
Well, from the comfort of my house in answer to a thoroughly hypothetical question, there's only one answer: lose the toes. Hard to say, though, what I'd say if a thug with a knife stood between me and my bike.

Cheers. Thanks for the thread.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Life is settling in for winter and I have time to read AND write - usually I just stop in to see the pictures... don't think I have all the answers, but a few...

So, here are a few questions to get us going. Pick one, pick 3.25, or just tell us something we c) would need to know if we were climbing a weeping willow to escape a llama stampede: Pick the willow that weeps close enough to the ground for you to reach... and work on that upper body strength before you climb...

Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met because of your motorcycle? That girl who tried to teach me how to pee standing up...
What color is your toothbrush? Ummm green, I think
What’s the most recent concert you attended? A very painful middle school band performance.

How long does it take to get from the near end of your favorite twisty road to a store that sells cowboy hats? I'm pretty sure the cowboy hat store is ON my favorite twisty road... just never stopped to shop

What was the last web site you visited before this one? Maryland Jeep Club.

Have you ever irreparably damaged a television? How? I don't think so.

If you had to lose two randomly selected toes, or never ride again, which would you choose? I could definitely survive without the toes...

Now you know more about me than you ever really wanted to know...

Sharon

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Why is it I feel my rights have been disenfranchised with this thread ? I've been reading this forum for the whole of 10 minutes and this is my first post since signing in, does this qualify ?

Well to exercise my right to free speech within moderation I attempt to reply: Besides I think KingBear might have put the crappers on this thread !

a) Tell you something you don't know ? Don Quixote broke Doodledog's windmill !

b) Know but seem to ignore ? BHO is not a serious forum !

c) Need to know about willows and llamas ? Can the two be found in the same place ?

d) Most interesting person met because of my motorcycle ? Atilla the Hun, at least I think it was, he was on a Harley !

e) Toothbrush colour ? Fast black !

f) Recent concert attended ? I followed every detail of the US elections, does that count ?

g) Time from twisties to cowbow hat store ? 3.2 micro-seconds, I was taught fast draw by a soon to be Texan - TBA Golfer.

h) Last site visited before this one ? There are other sites ? the mind boggles !

i) Damaged a Television ? Only when I switch on Fox !

How ? I don't mess around when annoyed, a sledgehammer !

j_ Toes or never ride again ? The small toe on each foot. They are unnecessary because of shoe wearing. Each generation has smaller and smaller small toes, eventually they will disappear.
(or use this as answer to (a) !

Now I'm just about to start a corresponding thread, minimum qualifying period 5,000 posts, feel free to exercise your freedom !

----------------
Ride on ! ;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hidesert, my friend and most admired mentor, looking at your questions I am wondering if you have just a little bit too much time on your hands.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why? I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while, and yesterday I had a spare round tuit, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntzCi1lu2ys

The last time I had too much time on my hands was probably around 1999, maybe 2000.

Oh, and our lurkers are overachievers! I only expected them to answer one or two questions! Come on, I know there are more out there!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'll have a go

Something you don't know-- That I am sitting in front of my bay window with a straight razor inches from my wrist screaming "Make winter go away or I'll do it".
Know but ignore-- See number 1?
Climbing a weeping willow to escape Ilama's--I think it would be useful to know Einsteins theory of relatives going as far back as cousins twice removed.
Most interesting person met becouse of motorcycle--The lady who aswered this question on an earlier post who said she met a woman who tried to teach her how to pee standing up.
Color of toothbrush--Are you refering to the handle,the head or the bristles? This one is to confusing!
Most recent concert--Jethro Tull,July of 08. Saw him back 1973 when I was still in high school. He was better then.
Favorite twisty to store that sells cowboy hats--Toooo Long!
Last website visited before this one--Duh, the last site I visited before this one was the last site I visited before this one.
Have you ever irreparably damaged a television? Nooo!How?-- With a sledgehammer:p For the last one, I'm afraid the toes would have to go.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Bummed

I'm a truck driver. I'm sitting here in Sunny Fla while Bonnie is tucked away in PA all nice and warm, just wondering HOW I could get her on my truck somehow!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the answer to this one!

Breezer, the toothbrush question actually tells us a lot about you; if you answer based on the bristles, we know you really, really care about your hair. You know what they say about people who answer based on the handle. :D

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Hidesert, my friend and most admired mentor, looking at your questions I am wondering if you have just a little bit too much time on your hands.
Don't knock a fertile imagination !

...besides he's doing such a good job we're considering giving him half a dozen more forums to moderate on ! ;)

--------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sorry to tell you this, Tbird, but it would take more than a wink from a blue circle to get me to add to my list of responsibilities. Now, if Haggis' avatar has any requests.... :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
:jiggy: HiDesert,
My evil twin answered the question about tooth brushes, I had nothing to do with that. He has always been a bit on the silly side. I on the other hand am much more serious minded and will tell you that my toothbrush is blue and I enjoy brushing my teeth while cruising down the road astride my tiger wearing nothing but a diaper and a big grin. The rest of the time I wear most of my gear all of the time. Am I wrong? :D

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Am I wrong? :D
Probably. We all are, in one way or another. The trick in life, as in topping pizzas, is to surround yourself with people whose definitions of wrong conincide harmoniously with your own. Failing that, find people who don't give a darn.

Come on, there have to be more lurkers who could chime in!

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I think you have proven your own theory that most lurkers really do prefer to lurk.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm here too.
Can't begin to answer all the questions, they were on the first page and I didn't write them down.
I'll try to go from memory tho.
I ride a Rocket, YES, the fast Black one.
Llamas? I ain't sure, I'm from Oklahoma, now bulls we could talk about. Llamas, I don't have a clue.
Toothbrush? Blue I think, can't say as I ever really paid it much attention.
Interesting person? Did this question mean " while I was rideing", "while they were riding", or" because of" a motorcycle? To vague to answer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts