Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T100 rolled over 36000 miles this past week. I'm thinking it is either time to carry spare cables when I ride out of town, or to replace the 7 year old cables with new ones.

I didn't hit the floor when the Triumph parts guy gave me the following prices, but I was immediately wondering if there were less expensive ones available from the aftermarket.

Clutch cable is $41.99
Both throttle cables are $70.99

Bob

One other question -- are both throttle cables identical?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Think I paid about that at BikeBandit. The throttle cables are different - one has the tab that attaches to the control housing.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That sounds about right on pricing..the good part is you won't have to spend $112.98 on those maintenence items for another 36,000 miles. You'll spend more than that on oil and filters.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. Woody, you're dead on about the economics. One set of new cables will (unfortunately) outlast my riding career. I have to admit, it is amazing how I view pricetags on items since I retired a few years ago. I'm not cheap .... I'm retired!

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts