Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, After many years away from owning a bike I am looking at buying a new Triumph America. Before I decide I wanted to compare side by side an America and a Speedmaster. After phoning 4 dealers here's the answers I got from them after asking did they have both models in stock.
1st.dealer: Sorry only Speedmaster in stock.
2nd.dealer: Sorry only America in stock.
3rd.dealer: Yes both on the showroom floor but you have to be here tomorrow as the America is sold and is being picked up at 10am tomorrow.
4th.dealer: Yes both in stock side by side on the showroom floor.
My problem is the following;
!st. & 2nd. dealers are within 1 hours drive.
3rd.dealer 3 hours away.
4th.dealer 5 hours away.
Can you get easy access to view models where you are?
I am in Queensland Australia myself.:confused:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum & good luck with your hunt.

FWIW the largest dealer in the country is just 30 mins away & today he had examples of all current new models on the floor, except for the 675 Daytona ('cos the '09 model hasn't reached our shores yet). He had the two tone blue fuel injected America & Speedmaster. I'm not sure though that this is any help to you :confused::).

DaveB.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yes, but the way I read it I thought he's enquiring about what the situation is like elsewhere. Oh well :)!

DaveB.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Dave
Thanks for the feedback. I was just curious as to dealers in other places. In Queensland there is very little stock on the floor to look at. My local dealer has 1 x Rocket 3 & 1 x America, no sports models at all. Hi Wombat I gathered from the name that you are an ex-pat. Are you away permanently or only working?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I live about 30miles from the factory. Want me to pop up there and order you guys one?;)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
My only dealer in a 300 mile radius is in Albuquerque. So what they have is what I get to see. I'm not down there much, though. I'm afraid they might have a Scrambler...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Nickwiz,
Thanks for the offer. You could get me a 2009 America in Black.

You will have to check with Royal Mail about postage.

I was in Manchester last June visiting my brother but I wasn't looking then. :Angry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts