Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever bought anything online from Mototwin in the UK.
My old bookmark doesn't link to them but the site is still conecting via google.
I've never traded with them myself and don't want to do buisness with them if they are dodgey.
So if you have traded with them recently I'd be glad to hear from you to find out what they're like to deal with.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I bought Jenks Bolts stuff early Oct and after speaking to Peter Jenks called Moto Evolution direct as Peter was managing his exit. They are based in Nottingham ish area - and I ordered the stuff over the phone. No problem. They explained they have a medium term plan to consolidate into one website but acknowledge there would be short term variations in pricing, stock etc. They have to consolidate, tag, price, sort, etc all stock from both companies, so that might take a while. So persevere, ring them up - but dont give up. The Jenks Bolts and Mototwin stuff was amongst the best on the market. Treat criticisms with measured consideration. Jenks and Mototwin made our lives better by producing great products - Motoevolution should be given every chance to make it work, particularly in these difficult economic times.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well...

Last month, i ordered renntec engine bars and some other items from them. I thought i should choose an English vendor because the engine bars are made in the UK and since we are in the eu, the parcel would arrive in Greece faster.I was wrong. The shipping costs for a faster delivery were very high, therefore i chose the slowest, 28 days delivery, which was also a bit pricey in my opinion. The 26th day i emailed them. They responded that there was a problem and that they would mail the parcel the next day. I'm crossing my fingers...I have the impression that they are a little unorganised at the time.I'm not saying that all the other online vendors are perfect. Oh wait...! One of them is very close to perfect. Of course i' m talking about the Newbonneville.com. They are absolutely great!!! I always receive the parcel within 5-6 days!!! This is really impressive if you consider that the eu vendors send me the goods within 20-30 days. Newbonneville delivers faster than the local stores in Athens! They also have the best customer service. They are always answering your email within minutes!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last month, i ordered renntec engine bars and some other items from them. I thought i should choose an English vendor because the engine bars are made in the UK and since we are in the eu, the parcel would arrive in Greece faster.I was wrong. The shipping costs for a faster delivery were very high, therefore i chose the slowest, 28 days delivery, which was also a bit pricey in my opinion. The 26th day i emailed them. They responded that there was a problem and that they would mail the parcel the next day. I'm crossing my fingers...I have the impression that they are a little unorganised at the time.I'm not saying that all the other online vendors are perfect. Oh wait...! One of them is very close to perfect. Of course i' m talking about the Newbonneville.com. They are absolutely great!!! I always receive the parcel within 5-6 days!!! This is really impressive if you consider that the eu vendors send me the goods within 20-30 days. Newbonneville delivers faster than the local stores in Athens! They also have the best customer service. They are always answering your email within minutes!
You could always buy direct from Renntec (+44 1202 826722). I got my rack (a black one) direct and the service was fantastic - two days IIRC - and low cost. Greece may be a little longer:)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reponse guys. Shame about Jenks Bolts.

I really liked Peter Jenks, it's a shame he sold the company as his customer service was A1 even if you weren't purchasing anything from him, he always had time and advice for you.

I can't see that ever being the same some how.

I want a pair of after market T100 side panels to hack about, so I can use my New Bonneville Billet input manifold when i ARK my bike.

On the mototwin site they're £38.00s each on the jenks site bought out by Mototwin ( I assume that to be more current ) they're £88.00s each.

Some buy out.

I'm trying to keep all my original parts, incase future legislation ever means I have to put the bike back to stock, which is why I want the new ones. Breakers don't seem to have these sort of parts and if you add the shipping costs, import tax and VAT to Bike Bandits OEM stuff the cost is astronomical, even when the pound was good against the dollar.

Anyway Thanks All

Jon UK

·
Registered
52 Posts
You could always buy direct from Renntec (+44 1202 826722). I got my rack (a black one) direct and the service was fantastic - two days IIRC - and low cost. Greece may be a little longer:)
Thank you for the info Bazzer.The reason i did' nt order directly from renntec is that i wanted to buy some other stuff also. I think that its good to mention on this forum our experiences and critics on the quality of services of the online stores which are selling accessories for our bikes. It improves competition. This is a niche market and there is no other way for us "the consumers" to make this market function better.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm hoarding a stash of MT side covers and fenders for my own future projects & rebuilds because of the outragous price increase.

I wish I could find out who was making the glass parts for them so I could import direct. The fit & finish were spot-on, not like the dreck out of SoCal.

Tim & Olivier... you guys still out there? Call me mates!!!!

/Mike

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Put some of their stuff on before Bella Corse brought their stuff stateside. They were great guys and worked with me on the phone. I hope the best for them and the great stuff they put out. BIKE magazine did some great reviews of their modded Bonnies and Thruxtons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts