Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
following as I am interested for my wife's bike.
She uses a quadlock for holding her Iphone but turns out the vibration from the bar will "destroy" the focusing lens on the phone... apparently a known issue for iphone users

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
2016 Thruxton 900
101 Posts
following as I am interested for my wife's bike.
She uses a quadlock for holding her Iphone but turns out the vibration from the bar will "destroy" the focusing lens on the phone... apparently a known issue for iphone users
Quadlock have just released a Vibration Dampener that they claim will save the iphone.

Anybody use an Apple Watch holder on handlebars for clean, unobtrusive navigation while riding? If so, which apps?
The Missenden Flyer on YouTube has just done a review of the Beeline Satnav. Looks pretty good and sure won't take long to learn how to read the minimalist directions on the go

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler
253 Posts
I use the Beeline on my Street Scrambler. It's not hard to read, but it's not easy when streets are close together (read: was easier to use in Seattle than London. Also, easier to use on the motorway than in the city). How I tend to work it:
  1. Start up Google Maps and do my directions there (this is because beeline doesn't speak the directions)
  2. Start up beeline app and do the same destination with the same options (they use Google maps, so it matches)
  3. Ride off
For the most part, I'm using the spoken directions in my helmet from Google maps. But I can quickly glance down at the beeline and see how much farther I have to go till the next turn, how much farther for the whole route, etc....

Before I mixed it with Google Maps, I did get pretty good with just reading the directions. I started with Google maps because sometimes my next turn was 200mi away and I wanted to be able to ride a long time without glancing at the beeline to confirm my course. This way, I get an audible prompt when my course change is approaching.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Thanks for the replies! After a lot of research over the week I decided to actually go with no visual and AirPod Pros with Google Maps spoken directions. They are a squeeze to get in and out of my Shoei RF-SR but once in comfortable and the noise cancellation and transparency modes are incredible. Downside here may be battery life vs a Beeline. Time will tell. 🙌🏼✌🏼

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler
253 Posts
Great news, @AtreyuDE2. I agree with you that if I were to do it all over again, I'd forgo the visual as well.

Something that helps me with my earplugs not hurting when I pull the helmet on and off is one of these Silky Helmet Liners. I know they look like you're a Feudal Serf from the Middle Ages... but people only see that for 15 seconds as you pull your helmet on. Plus... it actually does feel quite comfy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great news, @AtreyuDE2. I agree with you that if I were to do it all over again, I'd forgo the visual as well.

Something that helps me with my earplugs not hurting when I pull the helmet on and off is one of these Silky Helmet Liners. I know they look like you're a Feudal Serf from the Middle Ages... but people only see that for 15 seconds as you pull your helmet on. Plus... it actually does feel quite comfy.

Good idea! I think they had a product placement deal in Monty Python and the Holy Grail 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts