Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using to clean or polish the aluminum parts on your new thruxtons, gas cap, side covers etc.

I haven't washed mine yet but when I look close to the cap and side covers it looks like there is rust or some kind of rust discoloration through out the finish, ( yes I know its not rust since its aluminum).

There also appears to be stains from fingerprints or who knows what on the side covers. I tried wiping them down with a quick spray cleaner but that didn't do anything. Does anyone else see this with theirs and know what Im talking about.

Im not sure what to try to clean it with yet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
What are you guys using to clean or polish the aluminum parts on your new thruxtons, gas cap, side covers etc.

I haven't washed mine yet but when I look close to the cap and side covers it looks like there is rust or some kind of rust discoloration through out the finish, ( yes I know its not rust since its aluminum).

There also appears to be stains from fingerprints or who knows what on the side covers. I tried wiping them down with a quick spray cleaner but that didn't do anything. Does anyone else see this with theirs and know what Im talking about.

Im not sure what to try to clean it with yet.
I use patented wipes, they're called "Vulcanet". Amazing product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts