Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've been riding for 50 years now , a bit of comfort is nice. These are multi adjustable for rise , and angle .
It takes most of the pressure off the wrists and back while still giving the feel and response . Clearance was a bit tight for the master cylinder .

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
The new Apex bars look very nice and appear to have similar fore-aft adjustment range to the Thruxton originals, whereas Woodcraft or similar designs tend to put the bar clamps more forward. How does the bar end to riser connection work? Looks like a large bolt into the bar and the two smaller ones on the top provide additional retention and/or stop rotation?

·
Registered
986 Posts
As I've been riding for 50 years now , a bit of comfort is nice. These are multi adjustable for rise , and angle .
It takes most of the pressure off the wrists and back while still giving the feel and response . Clearance was a bit tight for the master cylinder .
Isn't the stock clip ons a little higher than 3 inches? Does the comfort from the adjustable angles? 50 mm size?
Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stock bars sit much lower , you can see the bar is lower than the triple clamp , with the Apex , they are above by a couple of inches
close.jpg

·
Registered
986 Posts
There is a difference between the TFC and a regular Thruxton R apparently, I'll attach a photo later that shows it better.

Was the size 50 mm?

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The owner of my shop (Hourglass ) has a tricked out Thruxton R , He loved loved the new clip-ons and Arrow headers and is going to install them on his. The Apex's are so adjustable you can position them exactly to fit your comfort . Even my 28yr old daughter could tell the difference right away . "Papa these are SO much better!"

·
Registered
986 Posts
The owner of my shop (Hourglass ) has a tricked out Thruxton R , He loved loved the new clip-ons and Arrow headers and is going to install them on his. The Apex's are so adjustable you can position them exactly to fit your comfort . Even my 28yr old daughter could tell the difference right away . "Papa these are SO much better!"
I may give these a try. Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a few hours on them I have to say I love them , while it is a subtle difference it just allows for a more relaxed position and you don't sacrifice anything except a few $$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts