Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Geting ready to buy a 2010 T100 and thinking I would like some 12 in.ape hanger handle bars for a more up right riding position. Plus I like that old skool look. Anyone out there have this set up and how do you like it ? Where would be best place to get these bars ?

·
Premium Member
22,717 Posts
Bellacorse sells some apes. They are 10in. high.

How upright are you looking to get? If you just want to be upright, the western bars from Norman Hyde would be a good option. They are 5in. high. If you want to be upright and want apes, then go for the ones from Bellacorse, I guess.

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Premium Member
22,717 Posts
this is a great way to ruin the classic looks of a Bonne, buy a Honda and grease that up instead !
It's only a matter of time before Rodburner reads this and posts a pic of his Bonnie's classic looks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Personally I'm not into anything that compromises handling, but everyone has their preference. Just be aware you will not be able to manage heavy twisties without slowing down.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
There was an recent thread on this subject - I remember it as was the ground for which the traditionalists and the "do as i want" crowds waged battle

·
Premium Member
22,717 Posts
There was an recent thread on this subject - I remember it as was the ground for which the traditionalists and the "do as i want" crowds waged battle
I find it's best to play the part of the Swiss in battles like that.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Geting ready to buy a 2010 T100 and thinking I would like some 12 in.ape hanger handle bars for a more up right riding position. Plus I like that old skool look. Anyone out there have this set up and how do you like it ? Where would be best place to get these bars ?
Flanders has just about any type/size/style handle bar you could possibly want... including mini-apes.

I say go for it!! It looks pretty darn cool to me. At least it does on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It's your bike, so feel free to ruin it as you see fit! The stock bars are already too upright unless you enjoy acting as a sail at anything over 80mph. Go flat, I say. That's the real "old skool".

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
It's only a matter of time before Rodburner reads this and posts a pic of his Bonnie's classic looks.
Hey,hey now,my bike was totally factory stock [it shrunk in the wash] before I added the 2"pullback risers and drag bars [they are anti ape hangers,more like gorilla bars,since my old arms prefer the downward angle MUCH better].

:D

1 - 20 of 81 Posts