Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone who has done the above has an OEM front brake line they would like to sell, please contact me.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why bother with an OEM brake line when good aftermarket brake lines are available?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got 'em if you want 'em. Send me a PM

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2007-06-16 20:59, Baltobonneville wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why bother with an OEM brake line when good aftermarket brake lines are available?
Because I'm cheap! And a good used one will be fine, plus NB and BE sell only pairs.OK?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just FYI,

I don't know if you realised but all Triumphs come with steel braided hoses as standard. Some like the 675 are clear wrapped, but the bonnies are black vinyl wrapped. If you look closely, you can see the weave in the surface.

·
Registered
393 Posts
On 2007-06-18 09:06, Kurtis wrote:
Just FYI,

I don't know if you realised but all Triumphs come with steel braided hoses as standard. Some like the 675 are clear wrapped, but the bonnies are black vinyl wrapped. If you look closely, you can see the weave in the surface.
as of what year?

·
Registered
93 Posts
All years, Triumph haven't used rubber hoses since the mid-late 90's, really. I think some might have soldiered on on the Thunderbirds and trophy for a while though.

It's easy to tell not only from the weave, but from how slim the lines are. Look at a suzuki/honda/etc. with rubber lines and they're about 20mm+ on the O/D

J

·
0 Posts
Yes, all the Bonnies from day 1 have braded steel lines, just like many things they are value engineered. Strip back the plastic outer and the braiding is kind of limp and the inner plastic doesn't look like teflon.

So, Yes I've got a pair of all but unused Thruxton lines....if anyone wants them drop me a private message.
Oh, I'm in the UK, but they are light and would mail anywhere.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I thought this rumor was BS until I took my stock hose and shaved some of the black off and behold, SS braid underneath. This is off an 04 plan jane Bonnie. I was certain I would not find SS braid but there it was/is.

So the improvement in my brakes was either placebo-esque or the bleeding I gave it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Probably a combination of placebo, bleeding, and the likelihood that the Spiegler is a better line. I just switched from my OEM braided line to a Spiegler and I think it's a bit beefier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts