Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wallacej: I ordered mine with the on line order form on the Corbin website. Then called the customer service person to make sure it was correct. Not sure if you can use that form or not but take a look.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's on the bike!!

Well the Corbin seat came today....with one small adjustment on the rear tab it bolted right on. Daz, I took the air scoop off the stock seat to see if it would fit on the Corbin. No way. But the Corbin while it looks like it fits tight against the side panels is by no means air tight. In fact with the air scoop shroud gone there is more air inflow than with the stock seat. I took it for a ride and could slightly hear the intake riding without my helmet. But that is about it. No difference in performance. The only thing I wonder about is water ingestion in a severe thunderstorm while riding at highway speed. But I doubt it as the seat curves over the sides of the intake. I will remove the seat or cover with plastic for washing though. This Winter I'll experiment with the plastic air scoop and see if I can make my own custom version. :idea

But first impressions are that this seat is worth the money as it fits me like a glove. I did make sure to give Corbin my height, weight and inseam length on the order. I do recommend it!! :doublethumb

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
You missed what i was saying....it's NOT about how much room for air there is ir isn't. I took mine off so there was much more free space for air to flow and i lost performance. The duct is there for a reason....it creates a non-turbulant air flow so that the engine actually is able to take in MORE iar with less space. I'm not the only one that discovered this. One guy at the 1600 forum said the same thing. Put his back on, performance got better. And i strongly suggest you try putting your stock seat back on just for a ride maybe a month or 2 from when the corbin went on just as a test. Like i said, when you change it you don't notice the loss at that point. But when you go back to the stock seat the difference is very obvious. i won't go into my theory as to why that is but i have found the same thing with many mods i've done throughout my like be it modding bikes or guitars and amps etc etc etc. Just try it down the road and see. maybe for some reason in your case it won't be true, i dunno. I just know i and someone else who removed the seat duct later put them back on and we both felt the missing torque it caused come back. I personally thought after a while w/o it there was something missing but i wasn't sure what it could be till i put it back on. Take you 3 minutes to swap it....just check it out, but give yourself a month or 3 to get used to how the bike is running now before you try it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Took it for a ride and if there is any power loss then I couldn't notice. However, I did take several strips of 1x8" 1/4" thick adhesive backed foam rubber and wrap it around the front and sides of the air cleaner intake so the Corbin seat touches it when installed. Now the intake only draws air from the back or rear side. Took it for another ride and now I can no longer hear the intake and it runs as strong as ever.

I'll ride it for 500 miles and then throw the stock seat on and see if there is any difference. But I don't notice any now.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts