Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a small town near where I live that sells racing fuel (104 octane or so). Does anyone have experience with using this stuff in a production motorcycle motor? Are there additives that might damage a street motor?
:???:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
You'd need a custom ignition + fuel map to suit your new fuel to get any additional benefit from it. Waste of money if you do not have such tune.

Larger octane number does not equal higher performance. If your bike is not suffering from pinging, you do not need a higher grade fuel.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If you're running higher compression, high boost turbo/SC, or other high performance mods you'll need race fuel. Otherwise, you might as well be burning those extra dollars somewhere else.

·
Registered
192 Posts
On 2007-02-09 13:40, kuhlka wrote:
If you're running higher compression, high boost turbo/SC, or other high performance mods you'll need race fuel. Otherwise, you might as well be burning those extra dollars somewhere else.
Strip joint.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
IF you guys want to try a fuel that WILL make more power in your bike, VP Racing Fuels makes a fuel called U4. It is formulated with oxygenates to make as much power as possible - up to 6% more than conventional non-oxygenated fuels. But it is expensive, and you need to be prepared to tune around it for best results.

U4
Used in stock and modified 4-stroke applications, as well as stock 2-strokes. Makes up to 6% more power than pump gas and any basic nonoxygenated racing fuel. Passes fuel rules for AMA amateur racing and is also perfect for club level racing, CCS, WERA and AFM. For optimum horsepower and performance, do not store this fuel in vehicle — drain fuel system.

• Color: Clear
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 92
• Specific Gravity: .718 at 60° F

·
Registered
338 Posts
I guess the Speedy is powerful enough for my old body and I will stick with plain old 93 Amoco. I don't feel like having to drain the tank everytime I ride, unless at the track.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
On 2007-02-10 07:31, dragonrider wrote:
I guess the Speedy is powerful enough for my old body and I will stick with plain old 93 Amoco. I don't feel like having to drain the tank everytime I ride, unless at the track.
Good choice.
Did you get my PM reply?

[ This message was edited by: Devious2XS on 2007-02-10 07:36 ]

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes I did Devi and I have already sent an e-mail to Emma. I probably won't get a reply til next week though and my speedy is down until I do. I changed my pipe and it is way too lean to ride so I will have to wait for the download.

I might try to get a download from the dealer until Tuneboy up and running.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well the weather is great here today and my Speedy is sitting quietly in my garage. Emma please help. I have asked her to please e-mail the download to me directly until they fix their website. I hope this is possible.

Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
317 Posts
On 2007-02-10 07:31, dragonrider wrote:
Same thing goes here as for the race fuel. The motor is designed to run on 89, so feeding it higher octane isn't going to do anything to enhance performance except lightening your wallet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts