Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many cities everywhere on lockdown, is anyone ring out there?
How are you coping with all this?
-stuck at home in Indianapolis

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Took a ride to a Caribou coffee yesterday to pick up my wife's favorite tea. Alas, they changed their hours and I got there after closing. Being the dutiful husband, I rode to a couple more Caribou shops, figuring they'd be closed. A nice little ride. The Twin Cities (Minneapolis-Saint Paul) aren't on a shelter-in-place order, but traffic is definitely sparse with schools shuttered and most businesses closed. I'm off work today so it's time to tighten the chain and mess about the garage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As it is yet too cold for comfort on a naked bike mine is still on the lift, half apart as originally planned, I'm still tinkering with it. I am afraid things will get worse before they get better, restrictions will increase for a month or two and we might not even be allowed to go on a ride. I also dread the unlikely event of going down and not being rescued or properly put back together if the hospitals become a zoo, no supplies, lack of staff, etc...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not riding for pleasure. But, if I need to make a trip to the office, or to pick up something small from a store, I'll ride my CB1100 as long as I can fit what I need in my Givi trunk.

Unfortunately, my Bonneville went into a shop for some work right before everything shut down. The shop is still open, but they can't give me an idea as to when they'll finish my bike since they are waiting for parts with no idea as to when they'll receive them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here in SF we have a shelter in place order. Trying to do my part and stay inside - but I really miss riding :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took a ride to Farm and Fleet for oil. 30 mile round trip. 50 degrees, but felt good. Btw, Mobil 1 10W40 full syn. 4T oil is 7.99!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Still riding to work every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Where I live only life essential businesses are open. I'm working from home with some in person time. We are not shelter in place. If it wasn't so damn cold and damp I'd be out every day. I just put the battery back in and had one day of good riding. With not many drivers on the road now is the time.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I'm not on lock down but its still a bit to chilly, I'm about to start getting busy with work so I'm guessing the weather will warm up just in time for me to watch everybody else ride

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Only riding for essential stuff if it will fit in back pack or rear box . Lucky that I live rural in the middle of my own fields keeping 100 yards separation from strangers . Only have to risk my life for food shopping ! Will be delivering eggs to my father a mile away later today , just leave them on the wall outside his house .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not yet, sure I can think of a few “essential” repair jobs I’ll need to do (without the need for the 7m ladder like today’s).
Only problem is I need to work out how to get mine off the sorn I put it on when I couldn’t get it to the garage for it’s MOT. One of the down sides to owning a bonneville and living in an acre of woodland down a dirt track.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd really love to get out in this glorius spring weather.
Many biker organisations are requesring 'stay @ home' .. Whilst I know I'm isolated on my bike its just a case of setting a good example.
But I'm hearing plenty of bikes out there.
An aside is not want to put extra stress on Health services in case of any road mishap.
But I can fully see why folk are out there [beautiful empty roads]
What ever you do Be Safe..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Snowing here today, but I've been out a few times this month, good run at the weekend to get beer!......Need those heated grips. We're not in lockdown in Nova Scotia.........social distancing etc, advised to stay in your neighbourhood.
Just spoke to my brother in New Zealand they're in a 4 week lockdown........strange times..........roads are quiet if you get out tho'............keep healthy

·
Registered
269 Posts
I won't be using my bike during the "lockdown". My insurance is due for renewal soon and I'm tempted to just let it lapse until I will be using it again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got in a nice ride yesterday but looks like it will be my last for awhile. While I was out, Colorado issued a state-wide shelter in place. Want to do my small part to get this over with! What's happening in Italy and Spain is a real eye opener and a lesson for us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great weather here in Thailand but just nowhere to go! Most places shut down and the cops are putting up road check points to ensure everyone stays home. Could zoom around the island just cant stop anywhere.
Polish this, polish that, go back and polish the first thing again.....

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.