Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albeit, not a Sprint specific question, but I thought what the hey...

I currently own a Nolan N102, but find the fit is less than ideal. It fit's better as long as I'm wearing my skull cap, but even then, I noticed pressure in the top portion on my forehead. Evidently, in my overwhelming desire for a flip-up, I failed to acknowledge this odd detail.

That being said, I have an RF1000 Shoei that fits my head like a glove...almost literally. I'm hoping the new flip-up from Shoei has a similar fit for oval heads like mine. Anyone have any thoughts on this new flip-up?

As soon as I have some cash, I'll be dropping by the local Cyclegear to try one on for myself, but in the meantime, I thought I'd run this up the flag pole. :-D

·
Banned
336 Posts
I tried one on at the London bike show last Friday and found it to be a nice comfortable fit for me, but I ended up going for the Schuberth C2 which was just a bit better.

In the UK they are selling the Multitech with the whisper kit, spare light tinted visor and the pin lock anti mist visor insert. Is that deal on offer in the US as well?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno, but I'd love it, if they did. I'm going to miss the anti-fog insert (and additional sunshade) from my Nolan.

If the Multitec has a similar fit to the C2, I should be good. The C2's been the only modular that had a descent fit on my noggin, but I opted out due to the price...and the fact that it was heavy and little provisions for securing a chatterbox.

Turns out the Nolan is heavier than the Multi or C2, so I got fooled on that point, too. :hammer:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Nolan N-100E that did put pressure on my forehead as well. I finally pushed the foam in a bit with my thumbs in the offending area. I couldn't have pushed this 1-2" wide area in more than 1-2mm, but it made all the difference in the world in terms of comfort. I no longer have a raspberry on my forehead when I take my helmet off. It may or may not work for you, but it is worth a try.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting idea, but I think I'll pass. My luck, i'll crash shortly after and that's where I'll touch down. :???:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts