Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Just curious if anyone has ordered from this site and had comments about quality, price and time to get parts. I'm quite skeptical about it but was just curious about some of the parts they have listed.

http://www.mototrio.com/#!LUCAS-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-KIT/colb/570721e40cf2c53596ac87a2

http://www.mototrio.com/#!CUSTOM-SIDE-COVER-FOR-T120/colb/5723f6dc0cf232b075d26745
I am waiting for someone to figure out how to purchase from them and fill us in on the procedure.
There are several things I would like to purchase.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I sent them a message, I'll let you know if I get a reply.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I ordered the Thruxton R FEK and a friend of mine (1-Sime) on the forum did too.
He already received it and it seems that quality is realy good.
We can give our feedback when installed.

Alexis

·
Registered
692 Posts
I sent them a message, I'll let you know if I get a reply.
I sent them an email last night and had a reply this morning.
I told them I wanted the Matte black side panels for the Speed Twin, He said they take about 7 - 10 days to make, just email them and pay by PayPal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told them I wanted the Matte black side panels for the Speed Twin, He said they take about 7 - 10 days to make, just email them and pay by PayPal.
Hmm.. what do you think? You going to roll the dice? I'm afraid of ordering and getting crap quality.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm interested in the same - did they quote a price?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Price in US dollars is on the site, 115$ ..Not sure if that is for the set or per side.
He contacted me a second time to ask what my address is to get me a shipping price... It is 5:00 am his time now, I will probably get the message by tomorrow morning.
There is an 11 hour difference from Florida to Thailand.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The bikes are made in Thailand, so they are on the ball locally with aftermarket items. The quality should be good as a lot of OE stuff is manufactured over there. Nobody will go thru the expense of making up the tooling to manufacture a **** product, as it won't sell once out there if not up to scratch. Not these days anyway, on new to market items. I'm a retired factory manager and have experience with OE items.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I ordered the Thruxton R FEK and a friend of mine (1-Sime) on the forum did too.
He already received it and it seems that quality is realy good.
We can give our feedback when installed.

Alexis
I'll be installing my FEK on Thursday so I can't give full feedback for now. So far I can say the following regarding Moto Trio:
Great communication
Fast shipping (4 days to France - I paid extra)
Easy purchase (Paypal)
Quality made products

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll be installing my FEK on Thursday so I can't give full feedback for now. So far I can say the following regarding Moto Trio:
Great communication
Fast shipping (4 days to France - I paid extra)
Easy purchase (Paypal)
Quality made products
Thanks 1-sime. Look forward to your post (and pictures!). Would you mind sharing how much they ended up charging for shipping?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks 1-sime. Look forward to your post (and pictures!). Would you mind sharing how much they ended up charging for shipping?
75$... I know I'm impatient but it's still cheaper than the OEM! Besides, the kit got in really fast with online follow-up. The fella from Moto Trio was constantly checking up on me and is now also waiting for pics of my bike :smile2:
I'll be posting them by the end of the week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
75$... I know I'm impatient but it's still cheaper than the OEM! Besides, the kit got in really fast with online follow-up. The fella from Moto Trio was constantly checking up on me and is now also waiting for pics of my bike

I'll be posting them by the end of the week.
Any update on your install?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yep. I posted the pictures in the club cafe section. You can also see them on my profile.

The FEK definitely does the job. Overal an easy install. The only issue is the missing plastic cover as the one on the stock fender. Its meant to keep the electric unit pushed against the fender, thereby preventing it from jumping up and down on bumpy roads and such.
I ended up using plastic strips to hold it together.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep. I posted the pictures in the club cafe section. You can also see them on my profile.

The FEK definitely does the job. Overal an easy install. The only issue is the missing plastic cover as the one on the stock fender. Its meant to keep the electric unit pushed against the fender, thereby preventing it from jumping up and down on bumpy roads and such.
My goodness u said you were going to show pics of the FEK, I was not ready for that beauty! Beautiful job on that bike! I yelled DAAAAMMNN out loud and scared my wife. Haha.

What rear indicators did you attach to the mototrio cat tail light?

·
Registered
585 Posts
My goodness u said you were going to show pics of the FEK, I was not ready for that beauty! Beautiful job on that bike! I yelled DAAAAMMNN out loud and scared my wife. Haha.

What rear indicators did you attach to the mototrio cat tail light?
Thanks Poppa. Its good to hear the fellas cheer at your bike once is completed (almost 0:) ). Makes it all worthwhile.

I installed the Rizoma "Club" indicators. Marvelous pieces of technology - the smallest and brightest I found out there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only issue is the missing plastic cover as the one on the stock fender. Its meant to keep the electric unit pushed against the fender, thereby preventing it from jumping up and down on bumpy roads and such.
I noticed that with the Triumph FEK and intend to use a bit of inner tube to cover the wires. Don't really fancy leaving it all open to our inclement British weather. Just looks too exposed.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed the Rizoma "Club" indicators. Marvelous pieces of technology - the smallest and brightest I found out there.
I checked them out, look amazing, and more compact than the triumph short stem LED indicators. Great find!

Did you have to make your own bracket to mount them to the front and mototrio FEK?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts