Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my TBS for almost a year and half and I've always had an eye for the solo seat.. I remeber seeing them around on various websites for sale.. however, now I can't seem to find any of them. It seemed that before I owned this bike, and was just drooling over the possibility of owning one, I could find all kinds of things available online. That only enticed me more, of course! Now, it seems like every site I go to doesn't have "TBS" in the menu, or just has mostly alot of generic crap.

Oh well.. most things I've owned have never had huge amounts of bolt-ons readily available. Keeps one creative! Except that cafe seat.. Man I think they just look good! If, at some more distant point, we're ever looking back, I think it'll be one of those "period correct" pieces

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Of course, he is looking for the Triumph accessory cowl seat, not the Corbin.

Best bet is prob to comb eBay constantly... there may be a few OEM or take offs kicking around dealers, but Triumph does not have a network to find out...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
.. there may be a few OEM or take offs kicking around dealers, but Triumph does not have a network to find out...
That's what they claimed when I went looking for a leftover Thunderbird. I was told that there were none available by a dealer who claimed to ask the factory rep, but....

All it took as a couple hours on the internet and then the phone calling around to the most likely leads. He should do the same.
A little networking goes a long way.

Great Bay was big on Thunderbirds and is a good starting point.
Hermy's is another good shot.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Dealer size and vintage

This thread highlights one of the Triumph dealer weaknesses. In my region, the closest dealer is 3 hours away, and depending on what I have needed, I have called and located things from several different dealers. One I stopped in on my way to my daughter's college, but they have only been a Triumph dealer since 2004, so obviously they don't have any old stock stashed on dusty shelves in the back. Do any of you know of Triumph dealers who are old enough and large enough to perhaps have some old stock still left in their inventory? Of course, if you do, you may want to keep this as your own private stash:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Triumph USA had three or four tangerine in stock six weeks ago. You might call Baxter cycle or your local Triumph dealer and have them check.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm. alright thanks for the advice!

My bike actaully came from Hermy's... It's got damn near all the chrome on it, plus different bars, grips, mirrors, a kissan 'signal minder thing, plus some plug and play thing (that I removed) that made the high beam act as a flasher when it sensed daylight.. It was an employee's bike, at least, that's what my girlfriend's father was under the impression of. He bought it something like 3 years ago, and I'd always said if he ever wanted to sell it, let me know. Well, that happened!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've found any Triumph accessory hard to find for my 2000TB. I've been looking for the grab rail with luggage rack for a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts