Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the fairing off this morning to solve my oil leak problem... Clutch cover was loose... Anyway, while wiping things down I must of pulled this off of its home. It looks like a breather tube of sorts and has a valve on the end:confused:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Its the breather for your fuel tank. The thing in your picture is a roll over valve, designed to seal the fuel breather if you lay the bike down. If you have disolodged both ends, make sure you fit it the right way round. On the 05 bikes The open end is routed to come out just below your lower left fairing, along with the drain line from around the fuel tank cap. they may have changed the routing on the 08's ? the other end is attached to the base of the tank

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome.:notworthy:

Thanks for the heads up guys.

I'm lovin' this forum. I've kinda felt like a bit of a voyeur for the last few months and am glad to have successfully gotten over my first legit post!

After getting a little grease under the finger nails today I'm loving the Sprint even more. Got mine a few months ago and am totally enjoying the bike.

Cheers,

Mike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got an 08 and mine "hangs" about in the same location.

The end with the valve does not attach to anything and the "long hose" is the one that needs to be re-attached if it has pulled off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts