Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking that with all the on and of of my tank this year I'd better replace the o-rings or I'll have more problems, does anyone know the size of the o-rings for the tank quick disconnections? I plan on justorderinf a bulk pack of 100 and be done with it I'm not sure what the stealer wants but I know it won't be cheap.
Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Triumph part number T 1240181.

If I remember correctly:
approx £2.50 each and 9.25mm ID x 1.78mm THK

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but remember that they are Viton or other petrol resistant material.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Suncoast, Let me check those dimensions I gave you in my last post; I think I've misread my own scribbled notes. I'll measure a new ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry for misleading you earlier, Suncoast. I misinterpreted the notes I took months ago when I planned to do just what you're doing! As you say, the dealer's price is high, and there are lots of jobs that need the tank off. That said, I still haven't ordered any!

I measured a new O ring with a digital caliper and it's 7.6mm ID, 1.7mmTHK. The actual BS011 standard is 7.65mm ID x 1.78mm THK, so that ties up, allowing for O ring tolerance and caliper accuracy. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dusty, I've found a local supplier that has viton ones for $.50 instead of Triumphs $5-6.00 :cool:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone in the Vancouver area needs these o-rings give me a pm and I'll send you the info :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dusty, where do you buy these easily and cheaply (so thats the local triumph dealer out) in the UK? :-D

·
Registered
204 Posts
check at a farm supply store. i bought mine at a store called hme of economy, a farm and ranch type store. in the states we also have mills fleet farm and tractor supply company, amongst others. all excellent sources.

rash

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In The Vancouver area I found Wriason Seals 604-251-3554 the 7.65id X 1.78thk Viton seals are $ .23 each They take credit cards over the phone and will through them in an evelope to you , being the big spender I bought 20 of them that would have been $100-120 from triumph but only a little over $4.00 :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts