Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
It's hard to be original when you're singing the blues.

Led Zep got sued a lot for their rip-offs, but they never sued anyone who ripped off their songs. I guess they learned their lesson.

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are my favourites - they never get tiring.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Confession...

When they were still recording, I was pretty indifferent to LZ. In my high school, it was the motorheads who listened to Zep, while my friends fed on Dylan, CSN & Y, The Band... somewhat less aggressive music. Now in my dotage I'm a (not very talented) motorhead and a big Led Zep fan. Go figure.

They had an amazingly lush sound for just a little blues ensemble. And they never fail to transport me to the mid 70s, hanging out too long and too late, doing things I shouldn't have been doing...

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you must be quite young, many of us grew up partying and going on hazy wonderfull road trips to the mighty Zeps legendary tracks .
There burned in my brain Man :D
Quite young - what a lovely thing to say. 'Onya Marko ;).

I wasn't really into music in the mid 70's, I wasn't yet in my teens at that time, and was exclusively interested in motorbikes. I eventually managed to save enough money from my 2 paper rounds to buy a burnt out and totally gutted Honda SS50. Managed to get it running (with a hammer, sticky tape and several 6 inch nails ;) ). I spent every weekend at a local disused chalk quarry till the damn thing decided to pack in for the day and I would have to push it several miles back home. Ah, those were the days :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
It's hard to be original when you're singing the blues.

Led Zep got sued a lot for their rip-offs, but they never sued anyone who ripped off their songs. I guess they learned their lesson.

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are my favourites - they never get tiring.
:) In the mid 70's, I was hanging around with my biking mates, two of whom were music mad, and in a band. They had tickets to go and see Led Zep in concert. Two weeks before the gig, one of my mates crashed his bike (a YR5) and broke his leg. Guess who got the spare ticket? Later that year I also went to see the Floyd in concert, as well. They remain to this day, the best two bands I've ever seen. I consider myself very fortunate. All the money in the world won't bring Bonzo and Rick Wright back.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I saw Led Zeppelin in Birmingham (Alabama, that is) in '77. I had bought three tickets and went with my younger brother and best friend. Actually considered taking a date, but quickly realized that most of the girls I knew at the time would not appreciate the show. But for my younger brother - who was a fantastic musician - it was like a visit to Valhalla to see the gods. And that is what Led Zeppelin delivered: nearly three hours of pure heaven.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I saw LZ play in SLC at the Salt Palace in 1970. I was working part time in the shadows at the Salt Palace and got tickets cheap. It was terrific concert!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts