Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this idea from another forum, but with fleabay and other merchants sometimes you need a local address either because of ridiculous uplift for shipping between US/UK, which is usually pretty reasonable for things that fit in a shoebox, or no shipping across the pond is specified.

A pre-arranged friend-to-friend arrangement to reship for cost might be a nice thing to do. Anyone of you long-timers think this might work being a post pal for maybe a few-times-per-year transaction?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Got this idea from another forum, but with fleabay and other merchants sometimes you need a local address either because of ridiculous uplift for shipping between US/UK, which is usually pretty reasonable for things that fit in a shoebox, or no shipping across the pond is specified.

A pre-arranged friend-to-friend arrangement to reship for cost might be a nice thing to do. Anyone of you long-timers think this might work being a post pal for maybe a few-times-per-year transaction?
I'd help out if I can

·
Registered
826 Posts
definately! it can work both ways at the end of the day!
maybe kit can open a sticky where interested people can sign up, and leave there details (ie their town/city)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good idea all round. I would offer to help out if required.
Daytonas idea might work well.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too. Might be better PMing each other the actual contact info but I'd have no problem participating. Its not often but sometimes it would be really handy.

·
Registered
826 Posts
the only reason i mention putting your user name and town on a list, is you might find a user very close to the seller, that may be willing to pick the item/s up saving a few more pennies and time!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only reason i mention putting your user name and town on a list, is you might find a user very close to the seller, that may be willing to pick the item/s up saving a few more pennies and time!
Pretty good idea, but a long shot with the low density of us in the US geographically. Probably better in the UK.

But I think this could work out well.

The guys in AU and NZ really take it on the chin to with ship costs from the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts