Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Lone Star Rally I was amazed by all the bikes with LEDs. Just wondering if any Rocket Captains have done this.

If yes, please provide details and pictures.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had LEDs on my Roadstar as well as LED brake and turn signals.

Easy to install with some minor wiring that need to be done.

I have installed any on my R3 as yet but I probably will in the future.

If you ever ridden by, in front of, or behind a bike with LEDs, you'll understand how much more visibility you have.

One note... be sure to check your local laws because certain colors are unlawful. Here in NC, blue or white is unlawful where as red is not.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-11-10 10:14, RatBoy wrote:
I had LEDs on my Roadstar as well as LED brake and turn signals.

Easy to install with some minor wiring that need to be done.

I have installed any on my R3 as yet but I probably will in the future.

If you ever ridden by, in front of, or behind a bike with LEDs, you'll understand how much more visibility you have.

One note... be sure to check your local laws because certain colors are unlawful. Here in NC, blue or white is unlawful where as red is not.
That's got to be a Tarheel law. :-D

At the rally I saw every color imaginable. I really liked the bikes that fades through the entire rainbow.

Found one on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wireless-3-Million-Color-LED-Flex-Motorcycle-Light-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQihZ008QQitemZ180048449031QQrdZ1

Still don't know if that's over the top.

Thoughts? :???:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I mounted four sets on my rocket last week (each set is 4 led's on a plastic backing plate.) They shine on the engine from under the tank and from inside the radiator endcaps. I found the LED's at a local shop for $5.00 each. I'll take some pics tonight and post them here. So far, everyone seems to like them, judging by the reaction they've been getting. I mounted a 3 position switch where the accessory power plug goes and wired them so they will come on either with the parking lamps, stay on all the time, or off.

p.s. the shop I bought them at has white, green, yellow, red, and blue ones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Santa brought me these for Christmas:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-MI...001QQitemZ110069803648QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Installed them and they look great. I love the remote and ability to choose different functions such as pick a color.

Installation was fairly easy. Even though they are 6" tubes, they were pretty easy to hide. I ended up zip-tying all of them.

Haven't had a chance to show them off yet.

But the rain here in H-town should be gone after today. :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts