Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a gp1 Jardine exhaust for the triple with plans on making a straight pipe exhaust, what map can i run that eliminates the 02 sensor, i don't know a whole lot about tuneboy yet, but i'm learning, any helpfull advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Please revist your UserCP and enter your bike year/model under favourite bike and your location.

First thing need to realize is that you can't just plug another owner's Tuneboy onto your bike without buying a license for your ECM - the licences are dedicated to each ECM by identification and won't communicate unless purchased and enabled in the program.
The diagnostic program will work without the license key but that does nothing for tuning or uploading new tunes (whether std Triumph or custom)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what i needed, so if i have the triumph dealer tune for a full arrow exhaust, does that eliminate the 02 sensor. Thats the major problem i'm trying to prepare for. Any info on that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
No - there is no tune that eliminates the 02 sensor.

I would not advise doing that - your ECM uses that to trim the idle condition.
If you simly unplug it you will get check engine light - you would need to use a simulator, but why? Just add a bung to the header if you are custom fabricating a new one.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Never Never Never mess with the O2 sensor, things will go down hill fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts