Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I found some 'leftover' wiring connectors on my 95 Daytona 12. By the battery area, there's a pair of factory-looking ones going nowhere. Also a strange-looking on, maybe part of an alarm that was removed?
Factory ones don't seem to be live but the odd one has 12v with ignition on, so I'm going to block that off.
Any idea if these two original-looking ones are meant to go anywhere?

Also round the front, headlight area, is another one that looks maybe part of an extinct alarm or something - also waving around and with 12v live when ignition on...

Pretty sure it's not OEM, but posted a pic just in case ...

Thanks all
Bill

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
The one of front is probably clock.

The ones back by the battery look like tank sensor and coil but thats probably not right. The factory alarm is a big block plug (white), dunno about aftermarket fittings.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that. I had a stupid moment there, one of them is def the fuel sender. No idea about the two single stock-looking connections though, there's nothing around them that looks like it wants to mate up.
I did find a white multi-pin block connector waving around, tucked nr the top of the shock.

Front one's weird, won't reach the clocks and nothing 'spare' around it.

I've got a few electrical gremlins so it's a bit hard to guess what things might be as a few things don't work at the mo.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I dunno here because I don't have a 1200, but I I think the harnesses are the same and the 12s have 2 coils, the triples have 3. They look like coil connectors to me.

By clock I mean tick-tock. The Trophys and I think Sprints came with a clock with a long tail on it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, they're the same sort of thing but the coils are all hooked up and the bike runs. Gonna insult the Haynes and see if I can Id anything going by wire colours maybe.

·
Registered
826 Posts
they are definately coil plugs.
i havent seen a 1200 loom, and hope someone can clarify, but i would assume they are the same as the 900 loom, so would incorporate the wiring for the 3rd coil, as the 4 cyls, use twin output coils, hence only 2

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers. Checking the wiring diag it does very much look that way although colours don't quite match up on one wire.
Hm, so the red might become live when running, but is waving about. Will see if I can test that out later (bikes in pieces at the mo). Will blank it off if so, and the other mystery live connectors as well.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Cheers. Checking the wiring diag it does very much look that way although colours don't quite match up on one wire.
Hm, so the red might become live when running, but is waving about. Will see if I can test that out later (bikes in pieces at the mo). Will blank it off if so, and the other mystery live connectors as well.
The clock plug is hot. You can plug in a Sprint/Trophy clock and it works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts