Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a little mishap today and it split the seam for the lower fitting for the right side oil line on my oil cooler today... Bikebandit has them for $450, but does anyone know of a cheaper source for a new or used cooler???

My other thought is to take it to a radiator repair shop to see if they can fix the seam...

What do you think???

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
I searched the internet as thoroughly as I knew how for an oil cooler earlier this year. Bandit was the best I found on line, and virtually the same as the dealer. I couldn't find a repair shop that would touch a motorcycle oil cooler.

I went with the OEM part from the dealer; it was faster than Bikebandit.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Well I had a little mishap today and it split the seam for the lower fitting for the right side oil line on my oil cooler today... Bikebandit has them for $450, but does anyone know of a cheaper source for a new or used cooler???

My other thought is to take it to a radiator repair shop to see if they can fix the seam...

What do you think???
You could also contact some of the various salvage shops and see if there is a recent totalled bike? Ebay? If you have time.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Salvage shop is a great idea.

I dropped my bike on its side last year and where the radiator cowl bolts in, it cracked and it leaked. I looked everywhere and finally found a dude in my area that was skilled at welding aluminum. he was able to weld the crack and it held perfectly!

But the ugly weld was behind the cowl so I didn't care.

Where your crack is it might get ugly, especially where that leak is. Better to try it prior to throwing it out. My guy charged me $40 for the weld. I had to file it down a bit then I primed and painted that one spot. Better than shelling out $450.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts