Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says. Anyone got the factory triumph CNC machined front brake reservoir on there speed twin?

A9628045

Got a pic on the bike?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't have this one but I've been in touch with MotovationsUSA for what looks like an integrated matter cylinder link add on. Machines obviously. I'll watch this thread and find out more.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
807 Posts
I chose to go with one from Rizoma. It sits a tad lower because of way it the bracket against the bottom of the reservoir. Then I purchased a different Rizoma mounting bracket to lower the reservoir a tad more. If your not familiar with Rizoma, know that their products are top notch

Paul

·
Registered
328 Posts
The CNC machined reservoir from the 675 Daytona is the same.
I picked up an unused one from eBay for ~ half the price of a new one from Triumph.
The Daytona mount is different, but you can reuse the mount that's already on the Speed Twin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The CNC machined reservoir from the 675 Daytona is the same.
I picked up an unused one from eBay for ~ half the price of a new one from Triumph.
The Daytona mount is different, but you can reuse the mount that's already on the Speed Twin.
Hi
Well spotted sir!
I did exactly the same.
Also fitted Triumph front fork sliders supposedly for the 675 Daytona only (half price again).
This is my first Triumph but there seems to be many genuine Triumph accessories marketed as bike specific only, but in actual fact fit a range of other models perfectly.
Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
most any reservoir will work if you can fit it. on my traded 2012 i replaced the plastic pee-cup with a smaller-nicer cheap e-bay aluminum one! triumph branded is overpriced like many brand names, your $$ your choice!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi
Well spotted sir!
I did exactly the same.
Also fitted Triumph front fork sliders supposedly for the 675 Daytona only (half price again).
This is my first Triumph but there seems to be many genuine Triumph accessories marketed as bike specific only, but in actual fact fit a range of other models perfectly.
Regards
are the part numbers different? Do you remeber what they where and I’ll search eBay.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Um....they are cheaper but buy the time you add postage to Aus from the UK or USA it cost more then the dealer price. Bit of a bummer.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Um....they are cheaper but buy the time you add postage to Aus from the UK or USA it cost more then the dealer price. Bit of a bummer.
It was only supposed to be representative, and give an idea of what fits the Speed Twin.
The best deals can be found on eBay, but sometimes you'll need part numbers, or know what you're looking for visually.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A9628045 is the part number for Speed Twin. You can find this part for less than half list price shipping included on the previously mentioned site. Look for motolifestyle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found motolifestyle on eBay but no reservoir unfortunately. Cheap heated grips but already have them.
Was hopeing to save a buck but I’ll just have to grab one sooner rather then later. Iv had two plastic ones in the past hit by objects and cracked to the point they leaked. One completely drained in about two seconds and I had to get a tow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I found motolifestyle on eBay but no reservoir unfortunately. Cheap heated grips but already have them.
Was hopeing to save a buck but I’ll just have to grab one sooner rather then later. Iv had two plastic ones in the past hit by objects and cracked to the point they leaked. One completely drained in about two seconds and I had to get a tow.
Did you try a search by part number? I was able to see it right away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts