Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a rad guard after reading some of the posts here, but couldnt find a pic. Anyone care to share one? Comments on fit and finish would help too.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry that I am not posting pic of mine. I have the Cox Racing brand guards and I'm satisfied with them. The finish and finish are fine and they do not detract from the apperance of the bike like some of the "pimp" ones that other companys sell. The only beef I have is with the foam bumper pads included with the guards. You are instructed to stick these adhesive backed foam bumpers around the edges of the guard to keep the outters edges standing off from the radiator in the event that the guard is pushed in toward the radiator. An improvement would be to buy some nicely shaped rubber bumpers from a hardware store in place of the foam ones that come with the screens. Something will is necessary to keep the edges of the screens standing off and away from the outter edges of the radiator though. The bolt mounting points obviously keep the guards standing off approx 1/2 inch and the bumpers are not required in those areas. The guards will prevent light common road debris from contacted the radiator or lightening the blow. The guards arn't stout enough to protect from a direct hit from a flying brick or lost tire tread from an 18 wheeler. Overall, I would recomend them. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but I might try making a set. Do the Cox guards mount using the bolts, or zip ties?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The bolt mounting points obviously keep the guards standing off approx 1/2 inch and the bumpers are not required in those areas.QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, but I might try making a set. Do the Cox guards mount using the bolts, or zip ties?
Skimmer.....;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts