Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering how these might do on a Bonnie. Better without lights.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No exp, but without the lights they might look ok. Still prefer a more period bag myself but that's not everyone's pref.
Mostly responding 'cause of the user name. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No exp, but without the lights they might look ok. Still prefer a more period bag myself but that's not everyone's pref.
Mostly responding 'cause of the user name. ;)
A ruger is one who rugs, no? (roogs):D

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had a pair of these before, the quality isint bad for the price of a little over a hundred bucks. The latches dont fit tight and they open from the sides so stuff will fall out if you are not carefull. The same company on ebay that sells these have several different styles. They have nice paint and the chrome is ok, overall they are worth the money and look good on a smaller bike. The lights work too.

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Drifter. That's what I needed to know. These won't do if they can't be made to be waterproof. Using a seal of some sort on the opening might help but they would still have to close tightly. Lights would be nice as they'd increase visibility.

I've purchased the MC Resources supports along with the new quick-mounts:

http://www.newbonneville.com/html/quick_mounts.html

So, I'll have a pretty wide range of bags to choose from. Tough choice when the field is so wide open! Probably end up with Saddlemen or Leatherlyke.
Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts