Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for replacements after getting hit last week.

Sent from my LGL55C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had to settle for a pair of reverse cone TOR's. I love the new sound but I sure do miss the look of my peashooters. I plan to drill out my peashooters when I can assemble the proper equipment to do so.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking for replacements after getting hit last week.

I will in a couple weeks- I have the peashooters on mine, and I'll be replacing them as soon as I can afford it.

Right can is in great shape, left one has a bit of rash (I'll take some pics tonight).

Merlyn

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only really need the right side anyway. What are you replacing them with?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Only really need the right side anyway. What are you replacing them with?

18" "shorty" reverse megaphones. I am not enamored with the look or sound of the peashooters, and the cheap emgo mufflers I can take apart and fiddle with the packing until they sound right, at least.

Merlyn

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you. I'm still trying to get all the insurance stuff taken care of. I won't know what kind or settlement I'm getting from the other guys insurance company till some time next week. let me know what you want for your tors and where you're located so I can figure out shipping costs.
Thanks
RM

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back to you. I'm still trying to get all the insurance stuff taken care of. I won't know what kind or settlement I'm getting from the other guys insurance company till some time next week. let me know what you want for your tors and where you're located so I can figure out shipping costs.
Thanks
RM

No hurry. I'm a patient guy : grin :

I'm in Vegas, so shipping will be from 89014. I'll figure out what they are going for and shoot you a quote. I'll get some pics to you asap.

Merlyn

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Fargo ND and the zip is 58103. Been busy tracking down cheap Honda CB's for my brother out in Cali. I guess cafe style bikes are bringing good money these days even if they aren't british. Personally I wouldn't settle for an imitation, especially after riding my triple.:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in Fargo ND and the zip is 58103. Been busy tracking down cheap Honda CB's for my brother out in Cali. I guess cafe style bikes are bringing good money these days even if they aren't british. Personally I wouldn't settle for an imitation, especially after riding my triple.:)

Something to be said for a honda cafe... but you are absolutely right- after riding the real thing, I won't ever own another cb750.

The only Japanese cafe racer I'd consider at this point would be a Kawasaki H2... because what's not to like about 100 BHP 2 strokes?

On the TORs, it looks like $150/side is about the going rate. Since my right can is pretty busted up (the left one is in good shape, just dirty. I'll clean the hell out of it before I ship it), how about $150 for the set? Call it a BO/GO deal :: grin ::

Here's some pics.

Merlyn

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the right side I was wanting to replace but it looks like yours is in worse shape than mine. Guess Ill have to keep searching, thanks for the offer anyway. Maybe I'll just save up for the thunderbike 3-1.

·
Registered
980 Posts
when removing the bracket, heat the retaining bolts with a hot air paint stripping gun for 5 minutes per nut. This will melt the loctite and allow the bolts to be removed easily.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, I'll be pulling these off my bike in a few weeks, early November.. might be too late for you, but if not PM me. They are in good shape (no scratches or anything) but I think the prior owner drilled a hole in the baffle inside, I'll take a look. Anyway, the chrome is great etc.

PS my bike is a '95 Thunderbird (not sport).

Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just don't go the Emgo route! Mounted mine today and rode 20 miles. I am now going out to remove them! They will be up for grabs soon and cheap!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, just pulled them off and boxed them up. I'll get an ad up but the first $65 shipped to the lower 48 can have them.
If those are the 18" reverse cones, no need to bother with the post, they are already sold! :: grin ::

I am curious as to what you found so distasteful about them though.

Merlyn

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm curious. What options do we have for aftermarket silencers, and can someone list some pros/cons? I just figured I would stick with my Tors since they work well with my k&n filter and jet kit. I also love the sound.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm curious. What options do we have for aftermarket silencers, and can someone list some pros/cons? I just figured I would stick with my Tors since they work well with my k&n filter and jet kit. I also love the sound.

Randommech, you are an odd man.

I just took Belle around the parking lot sans helmet to test the repair on my #1 (now #3) coil. First time I have ever been glad of Nevada's helmet law. My TORs are not all that loud, but they have the worst tone I've heard since the un-baffled 1 3/4" drag pipes on my old Shovelhead. A full octave higher than I like, and tinny. For lack of a better description, they sound like the metal is thin. Is that just my particular cans, or do all TORs sound like that?

Be glad when Aunatural's pipes get here - anyone want to buy a set of TORs?

Merlyn

·
Registered
147 Posts
My TORs sounded wonderful (makes the best sounding bike ever made in my opinion) - but too loud. Fortunately the PO sold the bike with the stock cans as well, and I put them back on. Not quite as nice sounding but good enough. Also got rid of the popping noise on overrun, a big plus.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts