Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my '06 Thruxton for several months and of course have had some changes made (Staintunes, Hagon Nitro shocks, Heli bars). I've run into a problem in sharp, lower speed left hand turns-The sidestand drags and not just a little bit! I have tried turning up the preload a bit on the rear shocks but it is still an issue. I ran into another rider at the local Triumph dealer who suprisingly had an '06 (different color) with the Staintunes and Hagons exactly like mine, and had exactly the same problem. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
959 Posts
How much do you weigh, Does the side stand fully seat on it's stop? Is the after market silencer positioned to low? See if you can move the silencer up a RCH to solve the problem.

Need "mo" information. Every problem is fixable, just give us more information.

Steve, gears and all things mechanical.

Remember, arguing with and Infantry man is like wrestling with a pig. Everybody gets muddy, and the pig loves it.

:yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

·
Banned
798 Posts
Finally, a problem I can comment meaningfully on. Mine has been draggin some too at the track. I found that the little toe piece that you use to pull down the sidestand was bent (?!) Dont know how or why, but it was. You may want to make sure yours is not bent. Check which part exactly is dragging. I bent mine back into the original condition. Everything cool.

Hope that helps.

kjazz

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Mine drags as well and its not bent and I have the stop adjusted so the kick stand is just NOT touching the muffler. With the Staintunes, did they send you a new bracket to mount the kickstand stop? Maybe you can play around with it and get the kickstand up out of the way a little more. My little deployment bar is ground about 1/2 through - few thousand more miles and I won't have to worry about it when it grinds itself off :-D JCW

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the input. The exhaust and shocks were installed by the dealer, so I hope the sidestand stop is where it should be. I'll check it this weekend. The "foot" of the sidestand drags on the leading edge of the "foot", which is leading edge in the down position. I was toying with taking my angle grinder to it and removing enough metal to prevent the dragging but I wondered if there would be enough "foot" left to support the bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts