Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this old triumph a old woman has that she wants to sell for $600.00.I have never seen the bike all I have is this pic.Anyone have a idea what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like every penny of 600- no questions asked.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's a single. Probably a 250 Trophy. Not a very good bike for street use. Pretty much something a collector might want. Not too much value and might be costly to restore. It's worth 600 to someone that wants one. It's at least worth more than that in parts.

Joe

·
Registered
810 Posts
It's a single. Probably a 250 Trophy. Not a very good bike for street use. Pretty much something a collector might want. Not too much value and might be costly to restore. It's worth 600 to someone that wants one. It's at least worth more than that in parts.

Joe
"Street use" depends on what streets were talkin! Just got back from a Quaker Steak & Lube bike nite. Around 1 dozen Cushmans, Whizzers etc showed up. If these lil scooters can still make the scene, I see no reason a 250 Triumh/BSA couldn't.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I will have to go look at it .If most of it is there ill buy it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Listen,Mike in Virginia,you can see in the photo that the entire ignition assembly is missing.My guess is these parts are both expensive and hard to find and probably the reason the bike got parked.What about the rest of the bike,are there more vital parts missing?

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again,nobody parks a bike that is well maintained and running well,the bikes that get parked have a problem,usually several, so the old phrase "it was running fine before I parked it" is almost certainly a lie.

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think all the parts are there a old guy had it and was working on it but died his wife is selling it now.Will let you know when i get a chance to check it out more.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) It is a BSA Starfire with a triumph tank badge. Lots of bits for them here in the UK. It would fetch a lot more than $600, even with bits missing.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) Sorry, I'll clarify. It is a 250 Triumph. Which was identical to a 250 BSA, except for the logo badges on the tank, engine cases, seat, etc, etc. I used to have one many moons ago, and I'm sure that, when new they were cracking little bikes. Mine, however, had suffered from being owned by a succession of clueless learners, over many years, and was less than reliable. Easy to pull in bits, though!

·
Super Moderator
13,593 Posts
If you've ever ridden one that is set up properly, you'd know they'll go cross country with a 150# rider aboard. True, you won't be cruising at 70, more like 50...

Very nice bike, and $600 is not bad IF THE ENGINE ISN'T BLOWN UP INSIDE.

I'd offer $400.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts