Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone is planning on getting the new bike.

I've got a '18 RS, but, for a number of reasons (both sorta logical and illogical), I put a deposit on the 2020. When I checked with the dealer Saturday, their system showed 3 are on the way, the 1st one will be mine. I'm kinda getting excited.

Is anyone else planning on picking up the new bike?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm thinking on it... I have a 2016R and a 2018RS. I am in the same boat as you. I believe the 2020 will fix what I thought could be better on the 2018. The bike is great, but not perfect. I like the 2016 better.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a call from my dealer yesterday. They've got a VIN for my bike. Per them that means the bike is State-side!

·
Premium Member
8,396 Posts
Even if the differences are invisible, pictures are still demanded. I had the dealer send me "unboxing" pics of my 675! ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any difference between the 2019 and 2020?
More mid-range power, updated TFT screen, auto-blipper, new exhaust, and some other things I don't remember.

With that said, it's probably not worth trading the existing 765 RS for it, but my decision is as much emotional as it is anything else. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if the differences are invisible, pictures are still demanded. I had the dealer send me "unboxing" pics of my 675! ;)

Thanks for reminding me. I called the dealer and they're going to take pictures.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats to you. I traded in my '14 STR a couple of months ago for a '19 Speed Twin. I'll see how much I ride my '12 Bonnie once the riding season is underway in the spring. If I do not ride the Bonnie much, then another bike will take its place but I haven't decided what just yet. The '20 ST-RS could be it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got a '18 RS, but, for a number of reasons (both sorta logical and illogical), I put a deposit on the 2020. When I
Well, I can definitely see illogical reasons but I don't see any logic in why one would want to trade an almost brand new bike for a very similar (if not identical) one. What were your reasons?? ))

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I can definitely see illogical reasons but I don't see any logic in why one would want to trade an almost brand new bike for a very similar (if not identical) one. What were your reasons?? ))
Well, truthfully, it's more illogical than logical. Hence why I said "sorta". :)

But, I did get a good deal on the trade and a nice Christmas bonus. So, if you remove money from the equation, the 2020 should be a better bike than the 2018 - more mid-range power, auto-blipper, etc..

That aside, my current bike (with 7,500 miles) had to have the top end replaced due to a porous casting. It's probably alright, but I'd feel better with a new, unopened motor, and a new warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got this 2020 Model For Weeks. now I'm Having trouble with handle bar and mirror vibration that keep annoying me when throttle around 5000rpm+.
any tips?

·
Premium Member
8,396 Posts
That aside, my current bike (with 7,500 miles) had to have the top end replaced due to a porous casting. It's probably alright, but I'd feel better with a new, unopened motor, and a new warranty.
This may be the most logical reason I've ever seen to get a new bike.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got this 2020 Model For Weeks. now I'm Having trouble with handle bar and mirror vibration that keep annoying me when throttle around 5000rpm+.
any tips?
I don't have my 2020 yet, but the mirrors on my 2018 vibrate when at highway speeds and the image is blurry. It's kinda bad, but it doesn't bother me.

From what I've read, it's a common thing and some have said the Triumph engine sliders make the vibrations worse (not sure if you have them).

Either way, you might look through the Street Triple 765 sub-forum for mirror/vibration threads. I'm pretty sure there are some mirror threads there.

·
Premium Member
8,396 Posts
any tips?
Bar end weights might help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Tiger and an ST. Yes mirrors vibrate on both of them. I also have a Honda NC700x and mirrors do not vibrate on this bike although its a Twin.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This may be the most logical reason I've ever seen to get a new bike.
Depends who you talk to really. But, I know I'll feel better knowing the engine hasn't had surgery.

·
Premium Member
8,396 Posts
Depends who you talk to really. But, I know I'll feel better knowing the engine hasn't had surgery.
And...what are the odds you're the guy who gets 2 bad heads. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats @Jarrett . I picked up mine Wednesday.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts