Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys,

I'm looking for a favour from anyone who may live in this area. I am looking at buying a bike from a guy who lives in Long Island City NY and am wondering if any member in that area may be able to swing by and have a quick chat with the guy and make sure the bike actually exists.

I'm in Australia so I've got to take his word on what he says. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Russ

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
There's got to be a bike closer to you than Queens, NY! lol

NYC has its share of scam artists, so I would personally keep looking.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much Blackhand. I'd really appeciate it if you could help me out here. How long would it take you to get to Long Island City? I wouldn't want to make it too much of a hassle for you.

Russ

·
Registered
521 Posts
I could do it late morning tomorrow (Thursday morning EST) on my way out of town to Eastern Long Island or on my way back early next week. It's only about a 15 minute ride. If that works for you, PM me the seller's address and phone and I'll let you know if it's legit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that mate. I've requested his contact phone number and address so will PM you with them as soon as he responds. Perhaps that should be IF he responds - I must admit to being a little skeptical!

Cheers mate,

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts