Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally tour alone as I go at short notice and like to "go my own way", but next summer I am thinking of heading down to the Balcans, down the Croatian coast touching Bosnia then back through maybe the Austrian alps and on home via Calais, nothing in place yet but her indoors would feel happier if I went with some other riders, and my normal bike mates are a bit more of the weekend warrior class. Anyone think they would fancy the trip? kyle Madonna or any nubile young ladies welcome or anyone who has done this already have any advice, looking to take it relatively easy and do it over a couple of weeks. :???:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wife and I intend to have a run down through Germany and into northern Italy next year. We'll be crossing from hull to Rotterdam and probably crossing back the same way. We'd be happy to meet up along the way if our date's match up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would love to.............

But I have a trip up the east coast of Australia on a Speedmaster(and visit my sis and her sproggs) and I'm going to Sweden with the euro members of BonnnevilleAmerica.com all planned for 2007... :-D :-D :-D

So it's regretfully gonna have to be a no.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds interesting Dave :cool:

I am busy during July next year but any other month and I could be tempted :-D

I have only toured Europe once before, last year with an organised group but if your planning taking it easy over a couple of weeks then im definitely interested. :razz:

·
Registered
509 Posts
im always interested in an adventure, I think it would be a great idea to have some kinda year calender that people could put thier trips on and location that way people can join even at the last minute or route thier own trips to cross with others. I think the general feedback on trips is that people caant commit till closer the time so keep posting and letting people know what you are doing/plan on doing and see what happens. I have yet to do some europe and really want to next year so I'd be up for anything. Just post dates and anything else and keep people informed :hammer:

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Tip

Ride to Dusseldorf from Calais. Take the motorail train to Villach or Rijeka in Croatia. You'll save on petrol plus wear and tear on the bike plus you'll have more time to tour in Croatia, Bosnia etc. Then book your return from Innsbruck or Bolzano in italy and you can take in the Dolomites or the Alps on the way back.

My wife and I used the Motorail to get to Bolzano for our Honeymoon. We had two full weeks riding in the Dolomites and Italian alps. If you have a month off work and can ride leisurely down there and back no probs but if like us you only realy get a fortnight as your main holiday per year then motorail can't be beaten. No wasting precious days hauling along German autobahns or French motorways. They look like ours anyway just less traffic. And when you work out the cost of tyre wear, petrol and accomodation involved in riding to Bosnia then the Motorail realy costs very little more and you spend your whole two weeks in the destination of choice. Motorail it Doodle.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
P.S wait twelve months and we might be up for it but next year its UK holidays for us as computer says no (financialy speaking)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe, I was thinking of a trip to foreign shores myself next year, nothing planned though as I have to work it around her indoors, but let us know if a plan develops. :cool:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the tip Nick that sounds good, I was looking at a good way down without squaring off the tyres, I will be looking into the full plan and costs soon and will post as and if it develops.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Three of us off to the Nürburgring and a quick scamper around Germany this summer could hook up if dates times work. Will cross from Dover. No nubile young ladies just 3 fat lads (oops and our wives who are of course nubile and young)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm thinking of the first week in July as Rock am Ring is on the 1,2,3rd of July. Heavy metal, bikes, beer and babes anyone? Truly is there anything more?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi DD,

Not the lone rider anymore... I found that the best balance for a trip is around 2-3 people. Alone I get bored (same jokes all day long you know :) . More than 4 people and you need to hire a consultant in logisitics. But 2 or 3 is really cool. You still go where you want when you want but at the same time it's good fun. Plus if you have a breakdown or need medical attention then help is at hand.

The journey you are preparing sounds really cool. I intended to go north of Norway this year but a ride to Croatia is also very tempting...

DD, Lowey: you're getting rid of the S4! The Ace Cafe will never be the same again...

·
Registered
131 Posts
cedric,

I would love to keep the speed four but now have a new daytona 955i and cant afford to keep both :(

All the better for touring though :-D

·
Registered
131 Posts
And if the dates are right next year then would love to take a trip to Croatia :cool:

[ This message was edited by: LOWEY on 2006-12-16 13:17 ]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Cedric great to here from you mate and hope you are well, me and LOWEY have both moved up to 955's now and the speedy is sitting sadly in a dealer waiting for a new owner, the only obsticle to the trip at the momemt is time and cash it will be on but looking around late July, I like the idea of riding into Germany then Motorrail into the south just to save on tyres and time but I realy fancy this trip so it will happen, you are of course welcome to come along we can share chips again, maybe we can have a 955 photo t the next ace day in summer, look after yourself DD.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If its July count me out, any other time great but im best man at my mates wedding last weekend in July so its a definite NO NO :(

And have got the stag WEEK first week of July in Latvia so July is impossible, sorry :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts