Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a bunch of Loobman chain oilers for a group of friends and I plan on putting one on my Bonneville.

Has anyone on the list installed one of these oilrs? If so, any photos or helpful hints on installing would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
537 Posts
I put one on. It's "ok". It works but then the part that rubs against the sprocket does not stay in place for a long time. I don't know why since I had it very secure.

The other problem is that it's messy. It flings oil all over the rim and other parts. It is easy to install if you put the bottle at the rear of the bike somewhere on the frame.

I just went back to spraying the chain. But that's me. You may find that you like it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Bonneville stock "O" ring chain is a low maintenance chain that really doesn't require an entire oiling kit. There is such thing as "over-oiling" also. Be cautious that this kit doesn't over do it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use this stuff:

It sprays right on and it doesn't fling off at all, but it also doesn't make the chain stiffer like some waxes might.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Scottoilers fit on Bonnies very neatly down the RH side, and you can turn them up or down depending what sort of roads you're riding, for minimum fling-off - P.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have the Loobman. It works well, though it can overlube the chain and make a mess if you aren't careful. Mine is currently disconnected...not much rain here so a good blast with chain wax seems to be sufficient and a lot less messy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts