Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I enjoy a good Cigar now and again. Not as a regular thing but every now and then. I used to smoke cigarettes along time ago and quit. Now it's just the occasional cigar.

I had an opportunity to sample an e-cigar by a company which will be left nameless and rather like it. It was mild, drew well, tasted allot like a Havana in a 48 ring size. It didn't leave any smell in the house and my wife actually didn't mind it. Shock! I've always went outside to smoke on the back porch so it doesn't smell up the house.

According to the manufacture there are no carcinogens only a very small amount of Nicotine by volume. So they only produce water vapor.

The next morning my wife asked me if I'd been eating chocolate. She said there was a slight smell of it in the air. I don't like chocolate, so I could only attribute it to the e-cigar. Anyway thought I'd just share an experience with you.

I'm gonna have a little fun with it. I'm going to take it with me to this restaurant we frequent. Hope someone tells me to stop smoking boy will they get a surprise. I'm gonna tell them, "I'm running on Hydrogen and it's only water vapor.":D

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say, "this is gettin deep" but some how, I don't think it's appropriate!:eek::D

Now where's that damn kitty cat, here kitty, kitty, kitty.:D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Afficionado

Partagas #10 from Holts on the Internet. If you like stronger, the Partagas black in a similar size. These are 45 min to an hour of good enjoyment. These can be paired up with an enjoyable work or play time. For example, mow grass for one #10, or bush hog on the tractor for one # 10 Partagas Black. Prefer maduro, but natural wrapper okay. Do not smoke any cigarettes, but find a self-imposed limit of 50 per year seems to work out perfectly. Must have been my dad's 2-3 packs a day of Pall Mall that turned me off cigarettes. Sorry to keep on task, but I think this answers some of the beginning thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had a flor maduro the other day, it was good. Tomorrow a nub habano awaits me. Cheers. All of this while I admire my sick machine.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I've tried, but they burn so darn hot they only last a few minutes and the hot ashes keep blowing back into my eyes. Plus, its hard to hold them in your mouth at 70 miles an hour. With a big, honkin' windscreen while put-putting down the beach, maybe :)

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Draeger, it would be worse. Your head would be moving so fast back and forth watching all those bikini's, your face would run into the ashes as it moved.:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any good cigar, and 2 fingers of Johnny Walker (Blue). Makes for a fine relaxaing evening.

This is the way our little group enjoys our Memorial Day weekend gathering, every year at the Lake Of The Osarks... Those of us that are left... get together to remember those that have gone before us.

hagatha

·
Registered
111 Posts
was a member of a cigar club for five years. smoked alot of great cigars smoked alot of bad ones. I always found that the occasion made the cigar special not the other way around. Also, the most important thing about cigars is how you handle and care for them. Dont throw em into a plastic bag and stuff em into your saddlebag. If you care about em invest in a travel humidor. lots of different sizes around. I have a six cigar case and an eighteen cigar case. I'll use the size thats appropriate for the trip. Cutters are not essential but a good torch is IMO. some swear by stick matches , whatever gets em lit works. Long Ashes to ya

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also enjoy a stogie once or 2x a week. Usually head over to PA to buy them to take advantage of the lower tax. Usually find Macanudos to my liking.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Macanudos are a fine cigar, I enjoy them ever now and again myself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts