Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Anyone else NOT wear their wedding ring...

2K views 36 replies 34 participants last post by  captscotty 
#1 ·
I work in a Service Department...I dont work on cars for a living but I do minor things like Batterys/bulbs easy stuff we can do in the service drive that dont require an appointment...I dont wear my wedding ring...so I dont loose my finger or get shocked...Im so used to not wearing my wedding ring that Ive stopped wearing it on my off time too...

#35 ·
I was working in a hospital 17-18 years ago and was preparing to give a quadrapledgic a bath when I pulled my ring off it slipped out oof my had into the toilet! I couldn't see it so I put my hand in and found it on the edge of abyss where the pipe goes down to the sewer system. I quit wearing it then. But last year after another layoff my wife and I gathered all of our gold jewelry & stuff and sold them for the gold.

Still haven't replaced them...

#36 ·
I wear 3 rings. Wedding band, a ring my Dad wore, and a SCCA- Sports Car of America- signet ring.
All 3 are scratched, gouged and dented. I've never taken off the wedding band in 6 years, the others come off when I shower and if I'm working on something I may have to let go off quickly (heavy, hot or moving) Still have all my fingers, knock on wood.
Bent Dad's tugging on a wrench and it actually fits a tad better. :^)

#37 ·
Hate jewelry, other than my copper Sabona golf bracelet...scared to take it off cause joints and other things might quit workin'...

In the Air Force we used to take off the bands in briefing and hang them from our dog-tag chain necklaces...they showed us a picture of a dude's finger lying on the deck of a C-5 with his shiny gold wedding ring still in place...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.