Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If there is no ring and no permanent groove or tan line, there should be a tattoo on that ring finger- hey...I just solved the whole problem! :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
If there is no ring and no permanent groove or tan line, there should be a tattoo on that ring finger- hey...I just solved the whole problem! :)
That might of caused some problems when my first marriage ended...I don't think the new wife would want me wearing the other's permanent ring.

Anyway. I don't wear my ring, and there's not tan line or groove or anything like that (tend to go away after 25 yrs of marriage and no ring). Just my commitment to the woman I love. (sappy I know but true.)

-Tim

·
Registered
848 Posts
I dont wear mine, you never know when mrs. right #2 will walk into your life. Along with an engagement ring and a wedding ring that my wife still wears, all I wear is the suffer-ring

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I`m widowed, but I never took it off while we were married, I felt naked without it. I found it annoying though, when riding long distances, it would make my finger go numb.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I wear a gold ring on my wedding finger and a silver Triumph ring on my right rude finger. Took them off once and immediately felt like a dirty old pervert, so putem back on. Not into dirty old perverts, although the wife seems to like em, as she married one.

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
I wear mine all the time, somewhere on me. Now days on my finger at all times, but I had worked a job in the past where it could have been a danger/hazard. When I worked that job I used to wear it on a gold chain around my neck. "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious." LOL

·
Registered
671 Posts
I wore one for years and just got used to it. So much so that after getting divorced, it seemed too strange not to have something on that finger. After Renee and I got engaged, she was joking about buying me a ring instead of the other way around. Well, she went and got a nice plain titanium band. I only take it off when I'm working on cars, bikes, or with solvents at work.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I`m widowed, but I never took it off while we were married, I felt naked without it. I found it annoying though, when riding long distances, it would make my finger go numb.
I'm also widowed but I never had one. I was in missile and aircraft electronics when we got married and a ring would have been a hazard. During the 37+ years my wife and I were married I never looked at another woman and never had one "hit" on me, and my wife never later asked me to get a ring because, I would assume, she never felt threatened.

Walt

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Im on my second marrage...Ive been with her since 93..without any thoughts of the grass on the other side...mine couldnt possibly be greener...

I wore my ring during my first marrage...yet had numerous affairs...it was almost a magnet for naughty girls...:eek:

I guess now if a girl notices a 40 year old guy without a wedding ring they assume theres a reason hes not married and leave me alone...;):D

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Wear mine all the time. Titanium band. Looks like part off my bike. I don't worry about scratching it etc. Its part of me just like the Titanium screws and plates in my left leg!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I was working in a hospital 17-18 years ago and was preparing to give a quadrapledgic a bath when I pulled my ring off it slipped out oof my had into the toilet! I couldn't see it so I put my hand in and found it on the edge of abyss where the pipe goes down to the sewer system. I quit wearing it then. But last year after another layoff my wife and I gathered all of our gold jewelry & stuff and sold them for the gold.

Still haven't replaced them...

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I wear 3 rings. Wedding band, a ring my Dad wore, and a SCCA- Sports Car of America- signet ring.
All 3 are scratched, gouged and dented. I've never taken off the wedding band in 6 years, the others come off when I shower and if I'm working on something I may have to let go off quickly (heavy, hot or moving) Still have all my fingers, knock on wood.
Bent Dad's tugging on a wrench and it actually fits a tad better. :^)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hate jewelry, other than my copper Sabona golf bracelet...scared to take it off cause joints and other things might quit workin'...

In the Air Force we used to take off the bands in briefing and hang them from our dog-tag chain necklaces...they showed us a picture of a dude's finger lying on the deck of a C-5 with his shiny gold wedding ring still in place...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts