Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I've been looking at the Amal web site and was wondering if anyone has purchased a carb direct from them?

Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought one that had been bought from them and not used by the original purchaser. It was as expected. If you do buy a new one, before installing it ... take it apart ... they're notorious for having miscellaneous 'burrs' and such left over from the casting of the pot metal ... just make sure the passages are clear and such ...

It is MUCH easier to work with an all new carburetor when it comes to tuning as you don't have to compensate for the worn slides, bores, etc ...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
While I did not buy directly from the company - pre-Internet - I did buy two new Amals for the '72 Bonneville I owned at the time despite suggestions that I get Mikunis for the extra hp. Man, those new carburetors made that Bonneville sweet as could be.
I wanted to keep my British bike, well, British.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have not purchased a complete carb, but some parts. The company is very nice to deal with and they have a good website, so it is easy to find the right carb for Your bike.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not purchased a complete carb, but some parts. The company is very nice to deal with and they have a good website, so it is easy to find the right carb for Your bike.
I did the search for a 69 T100R and could not find it listed. I think I can just order a 26mm 600 series and it'd be right.

The price is listed in pounds. How were you billed for your parts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The list over bikes is not compleet, but if you know what carb you have on your bike, it is straight forward.
I payed with VISA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey 10drum, I lurked in the magical basment of my dads and found, the bodied, bowl, slid thingy, you need the cap and the guts. Ill have a better look this weekend, I'll give you the brother and law price CAUSE I LOVE MY 500!!!!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
10drum...take t100rc's advice...be sure to take it apart b4 installing...as i found a aluminum burr...right in the center of one of my pilot hole....i bought from british only..but it was a new amal....Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts