Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the OEM bags? Both the 99-04 and >05? I finally did my first real long distance trip in the '08 and I have confirmed my disappointment in the lack of space, and the exessive width(compared to an ST1300 my bikes WIDER! The bags should hold more with this being the case) Since I don't have a GIVI stocking dealer nearby I have to make a good guess at what will be bigger, and by how much. The previous gen bags were perfect, as far as I'm concerned. Great sized, easy to manage, and looked like a designed in part of the bike. Not just boxes hung on the side as an afterthought. Yes this still annoys me.

The big plus for the >05 bags is they were truly watertight in last weekends storm from Fayetteville, AR to home here in St Louis. That was a long damn day.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's about my guess on internal dimensions too.

And the 41s are in the frame as an option. I've already gone on at length here about how I wish Givi/Kappa/SW-Motech would build a V35 mount for the Sprint ST. But it's not to be. All of them say they have no plans for it. Ah well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.