Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey Im new to the site and was just wondering if thers any one a simaler age to me with the same passion for these bikes as i have. Im 19 by the way. I ride a 2001 bonny which is under going a make over into a street scrambler ill have some pics posted once its finished.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome Rob,
Yes there are Bonnie / Thruxton / Scrambler riders your age.
jeffreymolsen and others I'm sure...

I bought my first Triumph when I was 19, a '65 TR5...
That was 35 years ago!:shocked:
You can look forward to many years of enjoyment and loyalty as you have great taste in your choice of a Triumph!

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
Does your babysitter know you are one here young man?:D

Most of us are old farts waiting for our pension check/cheque (pick a country):p

Good choice of bike BTW you will enjoy it.

And welcome to the site!
You might be a old fart I am 51 going on 16. lol
Welcome to the forum you got a bike that makes you feel young no mater how old you are.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Welcome Monstert Rob.
I'm thoroughly impressed by your enthusiasm at 19. At that age all I wanted to do was ride dirt bikes, surf and party. I certainly didn't have the clout to appreciate a Triumph at that time. Good on ya! I suppose much of it has to do with what you are exposed to. How did you discover the Triumph? What is your motorcycle background?
I'm 39 and feel very lucky to have gotten into the road bike/Triumph culture. Better late than never!
Be safe and have a blast youngin'! Can't wait to see the photos of your street Scram when complete.:thumbsup:
CW

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey there. I'm 28. (which could be considered young depending on who you ask) I have an '08 Bonnie plus 2 vintage Hondas.

I enjoy riding all kinds of motorbikes, but for me it doesn't get much better than a vintage or vintage-style bike.

Sometimes older riders are suprised to see a twenty-something on a Triumph. I guess there is an assumption that all young guys ride crotch rockets. (which most do in my neck of the woods)

Anyway, welcome and good luck on your project!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Young - We're all young for our age!!

You can enjoy these wonderful bikes at any age. It's just that many of the younger riders want sports bikes,but a few see the error of their ways:).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Young once or twice

Well I used to be young but that was some time ago. Welcome to the site. I like hearing a youthful prospective. There are some young people here. I believe that Pythias is early 20's. Don't forget to post pics. Us old farts love the pics.

Pops

·
Registered
16 Posts
welcome rob. Yeah i'm 25 and feel a bit old next to you, but hanging out on this site makes me feel a lot younger.:D You couldn't have picked a better site to join though. All the guys on here are just as enthusiastic about their bonnies as you, and the wealth of information that is willingly shared by everyone here is amazing.

Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I'm 56. I bought a Scrambler probably because its what I remember from my youth (my dad and I both had bikes). Its also a real cool bike and gets comments all the time. But...I think I'm getting younger. I have the urge for something "modern". I went to a factory demo event yesterday and fell for a Street Triple R. I just need to figure out how I'm going to do it financially. I think I'll be keeping the Scrambler, though. Two bikes are better than one.

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
55 but faster than my 18 year old son :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm 26. Bought my 08 Bonnie last year. In my area, it seems that most guys in their twenties go for crotch rockets and guys 30 and over want big fat cruisers. I've only seen a couple of Triumph twins here, including my own.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts