Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and 2 friends are riding to 2007 Supers at Phillip Island at end of Feb.
Any you guys going ?
We are leaving Maitland NSW. Monday 26th
1st Night Batemans Bay
Tues. Do snowy mountains
2nd Night Wodonga
Wed. Vic Alps
3rd Night Lakes Entrance
Thurs Cowes.

Monday after supers , catching ferry across Port Philip Bay doing Great Ocean Road staying at Warnambool .
Tues. Heading back via GOR via Melbourne to Sale.
Wed. Heading home via coast back to NSW.

Post here if you fellow Trumpy riders are going.
Never know,we might meet up somewhere along the track.
If you intend going by yourself , you are welcome to join us, as safety in numbers.

[ This message was edited by: Rammstein on 2007-01-30 12:49 ]

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yep,
Definately be there, I will be staying in Cowes along with some fellow Sprint riders. Good to catch up for a beer.
Let me know where you are staying and I will give you a call.
Cheers Gavin :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will PM you my Mobile number mate
I am staying in Highland Ave Cowes.
Its Guna Be Awesome.

Attended MotoGP last year and there were heaps of people.
I hear the Supers are more relaxed.
I hope so as they would not let me in the gate at the Moto with a 1300mm lens for my camera. Which is STUPID
Nothing over 400mm allowed.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Rammstein

Guna be with gavinb at the WSBK, so hope to catch up. The WSBK is a lot more relaxed than the GP, you take your bike track side and park against the fence. The GP attracts everybody the WSBK more for bike enthusiasts

The ride to the Island sounds great, beats the 2 hour fang down from Melbourne (that's the back roads just to make it interesting).

The GOR is a good ride but it is bit boring getting down to the good stuff but it is well worth it, jumping on the Sorrento ferry helps a lot. Just watch out for Brack's tax collectors, bike events seems to draw them out on the road. Unmarked bikes and cars, so keep an eye out, they can get in both directions. :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah mate,
Unfortunately, once we cross the border into Victoria we will have to obey speed limits which sux.
Looking forward to ride down Vic alps from Wodonga but most of it will be black due to recent bush fires

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Rammstein,

If your heading over Mt Hotham on the way to the Island let me know, I live in Myrtleford ( which you may pass through on your way to Hotham ) Unless your heading up the Kiewa Valley, and are planning on taking Tawonga Gap over to Bright and then to Hotham?

As for fire damage in the Alps, you will not see alot of it, as it's the next valley across ( King Valley ) where the fires started and did the most damage around here.

Cheers,

Grae. :-D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Rammstein

If you plan to catch up with Grae_st in Myrtleford watch out for the snakes. See Grae_st's discussion from earlier in the year entitled "Rather be riding - but" about his run in with an Eastern Brown.

:-D :-D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi all,

It should be safe coming through my way! Smegin, it was only a little snake (6ft) lol :wink:
(truly a case of it's bite being worse than it's bark)

Although i have caught another brown snake at work in the past week! :mad:

Cheers,

Grae. :-D

·
Registered
565 Posts
Grae_st

Sounds like the browns are out looking for you mate, could it have something to do with your blood tasting a lot like the ole amber nectar by any chance. You know Eastern browns are partial to a beer or two, that's what makes them grow to 6ft long

I had a run in with a dugite in WA in 1999, my gunboot died in the encounter, two nice puncture marks on the shin. The bastards are dam quick

:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'll be there. Wild horses won't drag me away. At least thats the theory. Intend to return back to Warrnambool along Great Ocean Road on the Monday morning. Not sure where I am staying at moment. My mobile 0428 528 653
Alan Simpson
Warrnambool Victoria.

·
Registered
565 Posts
G'day Simmo

Seem to recongnise that name and the connection with Warnambool, by any chance did you go on the GEA Ride day at the Island in 1998 or 1999 and are a friend for a mutual friend living appropiately in Leongatha.

If so think we ended up bunking together that weekend.

But you were not riding a Trumpy back then

Nigel Holden Alias

·
Registered
727 Posts
Smegin / Nigel
That would be about right. Has a BM R1100RT then. Went to a 2001 Sprint ST which was great, then last year updated to a 2006 1050. Managed to get to 2 min laps last Dec at the island, great fun. Saw Leon last Monday, he is well and full of enthusiastic energy as usual. Besotted by grand kids though. 0428 528 653 is my mobile. Hope to catch up at Supers.
Alan Simpson

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2007-02-08 00:00, Simmo wrote:
I'll be there. Wild horses won't drag me away. At least thats the theory. Intend to return back to Warrnambool along Great Ocean Road on the Monday morning. Not sure where I am staying at moment. My mobile 0428 528 653
Alan Simpson
Warrnambool Victoria.
Hi Al
We are leaving Cowes monday morning and heading across from Sorrento on the ferry and doing Great Ocean Road.
Staying in Warnambool that night and heading home via coast to NSW tuesday, you are welcome to ride with us if you are on your own or with mates. (Noted your number)
We can meet up over the weekend at Cowes

·
Registered
571 Posts
G'day guys.. short Philip Isl' story - warning...

We've done the GP and Supers, camping trackside, about 12 times in previous years - mostly on my trusty old BMW K100 RS. The last time I went was the 2003 GP on the Sprint ST.

We all got booked on the way down ( hidden roadside speed camera ) at Rosedale - between Morwell and Sale. We got booked doing 63 in a 60 zone at 09:15 hrs on the Friday. (Actually 67 in a 60 but 5% camera tolerance )

So.. on the way back on the Monday we all get booked again !! - at Rosedale, in the same spot, exactly same time, 9;15 hrs and exactly same speed 63 in a 60.. Of course you don't know this for a few weeks after you get back home..

As it was Victoria, no points and we just paid the 2 x $110.oo each fines - but have not been back to the Island since... Bracks can stick it where the sun don't shine...

Without warning signs what chance have ya got ??? In other spots we "could" have been doing 200 plus in a 100 zone, I am sure you'd be in all sorts of trouble over that :evil:

What a waste, as they do have, mostly, much better roads than NSW..

Anyway guys - enjoy the trip - have a ball at the Supers, much more FUN than the GP - much better crowd.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Hey Smegin, Gav and Grae_ST et al...
I'm confirmed for the Supers and will be staying with 1/2 dozen friends in Church St Cowes (same ones who should be on the April Alpine ride Smegin). Maybe we can catch up to say g'dday at the pub on Fri or Sat night.

I won't be leaving here till Thurs 1st Mar. Got the Putty Ride on the 28th Feb and am booked in for a new rear tyre on the Thurs @ 8am before leaving for the island. I guess I'll be in about 10-1030pm on Thurs night.

Russ

[ This message was edited by: ruscook on 2007-02-21 04:42 ]

·
Registered
446 Posts
G'day ruscook,

I only have the Wednesday off work, so i can't hit the island. :(

But for anyone coming through my way,on their way to the island, let me know! I just need an excuse to ride up/over Mt Hotham! :-D

As for the Alpine Ride. Well, any excuse for a ride! :-D

Cheers,

Grae.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ruscook

We are all goin to be there: me, Gavb, Filthyphil. Staying right in the centre of Cowes. A beer is certainly in order. I have your mobile and mine is on my e-mail.

CU on the Island, we can then make arrangements for the next catch up in April on your Alpine run.

:chug:

[ This message was edited by: smegin on 2007-02-21 04:55 ]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts