Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rich. Yes, where to buy, what maintenance needs done and what can be done yourself, etc. Also what local get-together/rides are available around Columbus. I have '71 CB750 cafe bike that I just finished a few weeks ago and plan to take to Nutter Hardware bike night this coming Thursday if it's not raining. Show up on the Thruxton if you can, we'll talk bikes!

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought mine at Motohio. They were the only Triumph dealer in Columbus when purchased it but Iron Pony sells them now too. I have only good things to say about Motohio but a friend purchased a Ducati from Iron Pony and has equally good things to say about them. You probably can't go wrong either way.

Nothing really "needs" to be done other than the maintenance schedule items (600 mile service being first) but there are a ton of things you can do to improve upon the base platform if you are getting a 2015 or older model. I can't really speak for the new water cooled bike.

What you can do vs what you need to have done by someone else really depends on how comfortable you are wrenching on a bike. I did a number of major DGS to mine in my garage with simple hand tools. I had New shocks, fork springs, a sprocket, and chain installed by Motohio when they were doing the 600 mile service because the parts were all sitting in boxes for a few months waiting to find time to do the work. I could have done that work too but it seems like I don't ever have as much time as I would like these days and I always seem to picking riding it over wrenching on it - lol.

Ride Ohio is a great place to find information on local get togetherness and rides in the area. The Grandview Euro Bike Night is a local meet in C-Bus where you can meet up with similarly minded folks to talk [European] motorcycles. They have a FB page with all the info and dates.

I'm not familiar with the Nutter Hardware bike night but I'll try to head down this week if I can. I'd love to see the CB you built.

-RDL

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Be sure to attend the Mid-Ohio Vintage days. There is always a row of Hinckley Triumphs parked alone the paddock fence with For Sale signs.

/M

·
Registered
10 Posts
The weather is going to be great for the Euro Bike Night today. It is at the Hofbrauhaus at Grandview Yard and they are giving away free EBN T-shirts. It starts a 6PM.

What more could you ask for?

-RDL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I've been to Vintage days at Mid Ohio before and loved it! Will be on vacation this year so can't go. I'll be Euro Bike Night tonight on my CB750 around 7pm if they'll have me. Anyone else going tonight? I'll be easy to spot but I won't know who you guys are, so please introduce yourself.

Kevin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Kevin, I went last night but it didn't see your post until now. Were you able to make it?

There was a pretty good turnout and I did see a few none European bikes there.

-RDL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I was there for a short time. I parked my CB750 on the west end of the parking area. I was there just long enough to grab a t-shirt, walk up and down the row of bikes, and talk with a guy I know for a few minutes before having to head out. Hope the weather holds out for Nutter Hardware tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great turnout at Nutter Hardware tonight - about 50 bikes. Several new and vintage Triumphs and BMWs, as well as quite a few other vintage bikes. A live band, grilled brats, and great weather too!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts