Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been in Vietnam visiting family. Miss the America, but maybe this would do while we are here. My nephew says the owner wants to sell it after Tet New Year. He has added a few things, and it still runs, even with 50cc my brother in law says no problem putting 2, 3, 4 people on it. Over here they can fix bikes forever, and with a new paint job, it may be just the thing for running around town. I have seen restored ones, and always thought they looked great.
Any thoughts by anyone out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Have been in Vietnam visiting family. Miss the America, but maybe this would do while we are here. My nephew says the owner wants to sell it after Tet New Year. He has added a few things, and it still runs, even with 50cc my brother in law says no problem putting 2, 3, 4 people on it. Over here they can fix bikes forever, and with a new paint job, it may be just the thing for running around town. I have seen restored ones, and always thought they looked great.
Any thoughts by anyone out there?
I think they look sorta cool. Good old Honda quality, the bike will probably run forever...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sweet Memories! Just finished my exams in 1980 and ended up using something like that (a CD90Z) for the next couple of months as a courier.....a career that would go on for the next 5 years and 10 months (alas on bigger bikes ;))

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Two questions:

1. Is it a motorcycle?

2. Are you buying it to impress someone else?

Answer these questions properly, and you'll know what to do.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Old Honda's are good bikes to start in restoration, thats what they all told me anyway, my 28 year old CB250N is ciming along a treat, as for the winter hack its still plodding into and out of work every week and up to now has not let me down, threw me off recently but that was niether of our faults, get it and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Honda C110 Super Sport remembered

I bought my 2008 Bonnie T100 last year. Its great. I will be 62 this July.
In 1963, my parents bought me a blue Honda 4(9cc)C110 super sport. My friends were getting honda bikes and I was outgrowing my 3 speed English bicycle I rode to high school with. I rode all over the place with the Honda. It had a kick start and the the kick start was real easy to push down. There was no "kickback" as on the large Harleys.
One time the kick start lever sheered off and then for a few weeks. I had to put the bike in 2nd gear, get a good running start, hop on and then pop the clutch. This seemed to work.
My mom showed me the receipt years ago. With all taxes, out-the door, it was $333. I wish I had this bike now as it would be a collectors item and I could ride it to motorycycle/car shows.
i have many fond memories of that bike.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Go4 it

I am a postie here in Oz and we ride the CT110. But I can tell you one thing. The C and the CT are engineering Gems. Go 4 it. Vietnam, Thailand Cambodia to name a few asian places all have them and will continue to due to the fact you can carry so much on them and can be fixed easy. Must admit tho I have bought a kawasaki Serpico in Thailand as it is a 125cc racing tuned bike so way faster, and tho cannot find any web links its quite common there and easy for parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have a 1968 CT90KO that's absolutely bulletproof. I rode the Postiebike Challenge in Oz on a 2005 CT110 and it's amazing how little has changed. My '68 has points, but still starts on the third kick when cold, first when warm. We rode 2800 miles in Queensland in 11 days and the little bikes ran perfectly. Even when loaded with a large American - 110kgs - fuel, water, cameras, and other assorted kit and driven on bitumen or on corregated dirt tracks for 8-10 hours a day, the little red bombs just kept purring along. I named the bike Edith, nothing special to look at, but she was reliable and got the job done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts