Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there all,

I know that this isn’t café related but it is the closest forum area I could think of so apologies in advance. As a boy in the late 60’s here in So Cal. the first motorcycle race that I saw on TV and the first that I attended was a TT style Flattrack. Seeing those guys on what looked like street bikes with no fenders pitched sideways, sometimes with both feet up really thrilled me. I got to thinking…hmmmm I wonder if anyone has “flattracked” or “TT’ed” a Thruxton? This led me to do a bit of searching on the web and while I didn’t find that I did find that there is a style called a “streettracker” which I think the Thrux could be ideal for (looks wise). I also found a site that may be of interest to so with some interesting older bikes for sale.

Anyone have any ideas? Thoughts on the matter? Again my apologies for not being café centered on this.

My Best

M

http://www.vft.org/vftforsale2.html

A Triumph photo to get the mind gears urning:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Would love to see more guys turn their bonnies into flattrackers. Only one that comes to mind is the "Mirage" that south bay triumph here in LA made:

That one that you posted up is awesome.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
here is the ultimate new bonnie tracker, bored and stroked to 1200cc's, giant mikuni carbs, ultralight mags, the best in brakes and suspension, custom chromoly frame, the thing weighs under 350 lbs and has a ton of power:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
here is the ultimate new bonnie tracker, bored and stroked to 1200cc's, giant mikuni carbs, ultralight mags, the best in brakes and suspension, custom chromoly frame, the thing weighs under 350 lbs and has a ton of power:

Stop showing off my bike without permission Sweat! ;)

What about Scramblers???
They're almost halfway there... hasn't anyone done one of those yet?

·
Registered
623 Posts

Brother;
The 1200 looks nicer, but the 1147 still rules.
C'mon!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting the great pictures keep them commin! its nice to see that the idea isnt totally off as well. Now I have a direction to move toward, so...if I start robbing mini-marts now...I might have the $$ in a few years.

:D

Thanks

M

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I think it was the third issue of Torque that had a Bonniee/Thrux based street tracker in it - looked awesome.

www.mecatwin.com in France have a penchant for tracking them - check out their website.

The current issue of Classic Bike mag in the UK is giving you a chance to win a 750 Triumph flat tracker that is being built in a shed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts