Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 308 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOKING FOR riders in up state ny ,any body by woodstock ny thats out side of kingston ny,looking to stat a new rat pack, LATER PAPPY :hammer:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not many of us, But I am in Watertown area. And the closest RAT I know of is Destiny MotorSports, in Syracuse. Hopefully we get numbers up... but I'm up for some riding.
Mondo

·
Registered
568 Posts
Lets get a few more then figure the geographic center or a good place to meet....maybe a ride in our futures?

·
Registered
26 Posts
RATS in upstate

Well I used to be in Plattsburgh, NY, how's that for upstate? I was actually the one who started a RAT Pack in Maine in 2001, I then moved to Plattsburgh, and worked with the Dealer (Franks) in Essex, VT to form a RAT pack up there in 2003. The RAT Pack out of Franks is very good and very active. They have plans to ride almost every weekend. The Pack leader is Mark Bock. He has done a great job in growing the pack. I have since moved back to Maine and am now back in the Street Cycles RAT Pack (Dirigo RAT Pack). And working with Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiasts.

One of you guys chimed in and said Destiny RAT Pack was the closest. I think thats right. For you guys over in the middle part of NY. But at Franks Rat pack we had folks as far south as the Lake George and we also had folks in the very southern part of VT. They are out there.

Come on up to the 8th MeMe event at Sunday River next weekend.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Destiny

Well, last time i went into Destiny out of Syracuse, i heard it's RAT kinda fell apart or at least hasnt been active for a while... not confirmed... But I work crazy shifts and it hard to plan way ahead, but if any wants to meet up i am up for it. I went and setup auto -email for this forum so i will get a quick response. Any ideas just post here and we should all be able to see.
Mondo

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi All,

Riding out of Rochester. There are a couple of us around the area. My buddy onna speedmaster gave me dates for a rally on May 31st just over the New York border in Bennington VT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Syracuse area.

Let's do an Adirondack trip. (Any trip is great) other ideas?

Meet at a location good for all interested and plan a ride.

I'm in... and would be willing to help a couple other guys with planning.

I got my bike at Destiny, a potential meeting spot? Maybe we can get this thing organized, would be fun.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Up and running in Buffalo. WWW.bucksmotorsports.com. Go to site, click "contact us", and then click on ratpac-leave your info. and we'll get you on the list.
Joining the OntarioRats for their rally June 7.

·
Registered
62 Posts
upstate riders

Gloversville, 1 hr west of Albany. Been looking for a post like this. I'm free most every thurs. thru sat.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hey SV650,

Im in New Paltz. Haven't seen a single Triumph in town. If you want to come over and ride some excellent back roads in Ulster County, pm me we can meet up. All my friends ride HD which gets old.

Sal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey SV650,

Im in New Paltz. Haven't seen a single Triumph in town. If you want to come over and ride some excellent back roads in Ulster County, pm me we can meet up. All my friends ride HD which gets old.

Sal
Nice. i've only ridden in NewPlz once...whats the name of the Mt. over there?
thats where i rode. i have two friends that live in highland. one has a r6 and the other has a 955i...hes selling it on craigslist actually. My other friend has a speed triple hes selling it too.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
you may have gone up to Minnewaska or Mohonk. They call them "the gunks" . Nice area. Anyone else in the Hudson Valley or that wants to ride this area , if they check in we can meet up at the Gilded Otter. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Watertown area roads

NewOldSkool in Watertown,

I'll be riding my Speed Triple from Charlotte, NC in mid-July to the Worth/Lorraine area to visit my family. Any roads in the area I should be sure to ride on? Any twisties to speak of? I should know since I grew up there but I never rode a motorcycle there?

It sounds like there is no active pack in the area but do you see a lot of Triumphs there?

Bob

1 - 20 of 308 Posts