Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the OEM rear rack then set my Hepco Becker 45 liter top case on it to take a look and it looked huge. I'm thinking the Gobi 42 would look better. It looks more like the milk crate I used to strap to the rear of the old Honda.

Anyone have pictures of top cases?

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
There are lots of threads here about top boxes. Put "top box" in the Google search window at top right of page.

On Google Images, searching for a phrase such as "top box bonneville" will let you see lots.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. I had done that already and found lots of questions about top boxes but not that many pictures.

I'm wanting to get an idea of how big looks too big.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I mounted one once for a trip, a cheap knock-off 46liter box... Decided after that I'd rather use a tank bag or a backpack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
...the same reason there are very few pictures of models wearing wellingtons - because they are too fugly :wink2:
Looks like a big orb following you around. Function over form in this case though but if I can't take it I'll downsize to something small enough to keep a laptop and few meds safe-ish and dry, then use a dry bag for the replaceable stuff.

The HB mount looks out of place without the topcase. I need to strap something to it so it looks like it has a job.

Here's another shot.

·
Premium Member
2018 Bonneville T120, Red/Silver
1,306 Posts
Here's what I use and I love it. It's a roll bag made by Nelson-Rigg, on a rack from Tec Bike Parts.

I really like the size. I can carry all the junk I need -- POD jumpstarter and cables, rok straps, seat cover, jacket liner, extra gloves, tools, lock, etc. And I'm even able to squeeze in my 13-inch MacBook Air. But in my opinion it doesn't throw off the lines of the bike too badly.

-Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts