Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a Belly Pan for my 2000 RS for what seems like for ever and a day. Only found one, but it is just about the price of a new one, plus it needs to be repainted....

Is there any other belly pans that will fit ours? I thought maybe another 955 sized bike? Since the bottom end and pipe are pretty much the same..

Or someone want to sell me theirs?....??? Pretty please.. :p

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
They are such a rare item that the resale price always seem extortionate. The 99-01 are different to the 02-04's because of the cutout for the alternator on the gen 2 motors.

The 955i S3 bellypans are similar (but different) and would fit but are much smaller than the RS bellypan.

I have looked at the 1050 S3 bellypan as well but that won't fit without major modifications.

If you do get one secondhand make sure that it has the clips, tabs and screws as they are necessary to make it a clean install.

FWIW I am still waiting for my perfect bargain to appear!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man.. You guys are raining on my parade...

Is the a way to tell the difference between the 99-01 and the 02-04? By a part number maybe? DO they look any different?

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
They look the same except that the 02 onwards has the cut out for the alternator. You could get an earlier one and cut the holes in it if you have the tools (dremel) and the skill.

I have looked at this also but have still never seen a reasonably priced one come up. There must just be more desperate RS owners out there or they have $500 to spend on a bit of plastic. :rolleyes:

Keep look, look, looking, ser, ser, searching :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dang, mabey I shouldn't have thrown my first one away! Actually it was pretty well scuffed up from some hard riding and was cracked all over. The pans tend to scrape the pavement when leaned way over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts