Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, another couple and I are going to be in Ireland on May 5th. I was wondering if there's any locals out there who might be able to give some insight on what we should do or see.

We'll be driving :( but I'd still like to check out some scenic stuff if possible. maybe sneek away and rent a scoot. Who knows.

Flying into Dublin, heading to Gallway (sp?), open ended after that.

Maybe down to Cork or something...........ideas?

P.S. We went and bought Let's Go, it's a pretty handy backpackers book.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Don't forget NorthernIreland's attractions - including road-racing

This is the best road race of the Irsih racing season - an international event attracting the UK and Ireland's best road racers.

Lazarus recently posted some video clips from a previous year.

Here is the official website - race this year is 16 May - JUST DO IT!

http://www.northwest200.org/

cheers,
Dave

Former race goer and road-marshall at the NW200 and Ulster GP

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you're going from Galway to Cork, the Cliffs of Moher (aka the cliffs of insanity if you're a fan of the Princess Bride) are along the coast, just below Galway.
West of Cork is the town of Killarney and the Ring of Kerry, about a half day scenic drive.
Also near Cork is the Blarney Castle, if you feel the urge to kiss a rock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the only place to rent bikes is just outside dublin and if you do you have to do the wicklow gap on sunday morning stop off in laragh for your breakfast and there will be loads of bikers there for you to meet.If youre staying in dublin you have to do the viking splash tour which is great fun .you tour the city on a ww2 duck ,a boat on wheels and they tell you the foundation of the city from a viking slant and then they take you on the river liffey main river through dublin.guiness brewery is worth a visit ,book of kells .temple bar area of dublin for the pubs .
If you go to kerry do the beara penninsula and then the healy pass on the way to cork is spectacular.
If i can find the bike rental site i will post it up here for you.Hope you have a good time when you come(.go neri do bothar leat.)may youre road rise to meet you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx for the info lennie, unfortunately we're leaving on the 12th and probably not going farther north than Westport.

Only staying in Dublin for a 1 1/2 days. If the only place to rent is just outside, I'll be caging it the whole time. :(

My wife has been there twice and mentioned the ring of Kerry before. Definitly gonna have to take that drive through the insane cliffs too.

Thanx for all the info guys. Everyone's a big help around here as always. :D

Just to get OT for a bit. I saw the thunderbird at the dealer last week. anyone done a test ride yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts