Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Besides the speculation already out there. Has Triumph announced anything at EICMA yet?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hearing 160-ish HP, but I don't know that until they announce it... which is why I asked.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm a little shocked that with all of the news coming out of EIMCA lately that nothing is on the Speed Triple. If there was going to be an engine change, that should have warranted some news. Now I'm thinking the prognosticators had it wrong and 2020 will be there same as 2019.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a little shocked that with all of the news coming out of EIMCA lately that nothing is in the Speed Triple. If there was going to be an engine change, that should have warranted some news. Now I'm thinking the prognosticators had it wrong and 2020 will be there same as 2019.
I think you may be right. Maybe they won't have it ready till Fall 2020 and didn't bother launching?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same colors? If so, that tells me that changes will be announced in the fall for '21.

...and congrats! The '19/'20 is an awesome ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats!!

That also means '19 prices may not drop as much if you're on the buying side unfortunately

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was kinda hoping the '20 would have major changes. That way I could choose the '20 or, if the price was out of reach or I didn't deem the changes significant enough, I might be able to get a leftover '19 at a lower price.

But...sigh... No.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was kinda hoping the '20 would have major changes. That way I could choose the '20 or, if the price was out of reach or I didn't deem the changes significant enough, I might be able to get a leftover '19 at a lower price.

But...sigh... No.
My thoughts as well :)

·
Registered
843 Posts

But...sigh... No.
Given that there are no changes in the '20 model, and if the MSRP for the '20 is the same as the '19, I would expect the '19 would be discounted. As of now, the only official offers on the '19 Speed Triple are finance offers until 11/30: https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/find-your-ride/roadster/speed-triple

However, after that time, I would expect there to be some manufacturer to dealer offers that would result in lower prices for the '19. If I wanted a new Speed Triple RS, I'd be aggressive in my negotiation and ask for at least $2K off the '19 and simply walk out if they said no. After all, who would pay full MSRP on a '19 if the '20 is the same or close to the same price? Just my rambling thoughts. :grin2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same colors? If so, that tells me that changes will be announced in the fall for '21.

...and congrats! The '19/'20 is an awesome ride.
The color options were white and black - I don't know if there comes some minor changes to decals or something like that but main color range is the same. I didn't see any pics of the 2020 model - and bought with price based on 2019.

I assume new Speed Triple will come for 2021 since Euro 5 regulations have to be met then here in Europe by all bikes in the sales (unless there comes some grace period for old models).

I was hoping to get info that TFT Connectivity would be available for my bike right away - but dealer couldn't confirm it yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts